Students should meet with their advisor prior to their Class Level Registration date to review their progress toward graduation, to make academic plans for next semester, and to be ready to register for courses!
Be Sure To Check and:
- Clear Holds;
- Pay outstanding Fees;
- Review your Degree Works Audit and be prepared to discuss it with your advisor;
- Search for classes and prepare a Trial Class Schedule;
- Schedule an appointment and meet with your advisor;
- Discover & Declare your major before your sophomore year.
The Spring 2018 Class Schedule will be available to view online on Monday, October 23rd, 2017.
Online registration begins at 12:01 am for each class level:
- Senior, Graduate, Post-Baccalaureate (90+ Credits) Monday - November 6th
- Junior, (58-89 Credits) Wednesday - November 8th
- Sophomore, (26-57) Friday - November 10th
- Freshman (and non-degree seeking) Monday - November 13th
The benefits of advising are many and include:
- Direct student contact with faculty from their chosen discipline;
- Access to up-to-date information from the department;
- Assistance with creating a for long-range degree completion;
- Opportunity to expand discipline knowledge on an informal basis; and
- Referrals and invitations to relevant learning opportunities outside of the classroom.
To find your Advisor:
- Log on to Bengal Web
- Select Academic Tools
- Go to the Registration Tools Channel
- Select My Registration and Schedule Information (My Profile)
Advisors & Advisees share responsibility for the advising relationship.
Students expect advisors to:
- provide pertinent information;
- be accessible;
- encourage educational engagement; and
- assist with attaining educational goals.
Advisors expect students to:
- schedule an advising session each semester;
- read the catalog & relevant website information;
- be prepared and bring questions to the advising session;
- assume final responsibility for course scheduling, program planning and the successful completion of graduation requirements.