Skip to Main Content
Idaho State University home

Non-Billable Vs Billable

Which form do I fill out?     



General Maintenance and Carpentry

  • Ceiling tiles
  • Chalkboards
  • Classroom furniture repair
  • Classroom pencil sharpeners
  • Clocks
  • Door closures
  • Fire extinguisher upkeep
  • Handrails
  • Paper and soap dispensers
  • Roof repairs
  • Stair tread repair
  • Window glass
  • Bookshelves
  • Cabinets
  • Office furniture repair or assembly
  • Picture hanging

Heating and Cooling

  • Air balancing, ventilation
  • Heating and cooling systems
  • Maintaining proper room and building temperatures
  • Growth chambers
  • HVAC related to remodeling
  • Ice machines
  • Special equipment specific to department or program
  • Window air conditioners - offices

Locks and Keys

For new and additional keys, fill out the Key Request Form.

  • Non-functioning locks
  • Doors not latching
  • Broken hardware/handles
  • All rekeys
  • Requests for new handles


  • Ballasts
  • Building power
  • Circuit breakers
  • Clock system maintenance
  • Light fixtures
  • Outlets and sockets
  • Outside lighting
  • Dedicated circuits
  • Department owned equipment
  • Electrical modifications as part of a remodel
  • Growth chambers
  • Special lighting specific to a program or department
  • Special voltage

Floor Covering

Floor covering is done when needed, not on a set schedule. If you think an area needs to be re-carpeted or re-tiled, contact us and we will assess the need.

  • Floor covering replacement for classrooms, hallways, restrooms & offices
  • Floor covering repair
  • Tripping hazards repair
  • Stair tread repair
  • Floor covering related to a remodeling project
  • Change of floor covering for aesthetic reasons only


Painting is done when needed. If you think an area needs to be painted, contact us and we will assess the need.

  • Painting classrooms, hallways, restrooms & offices
  • Removing graffiti
  • Painting curbs
  • Painting handrails
  • Painting related to a remodeling project
  • Field striping
  • Furniture painting or refinishing


  • Drains
  • Drinking fountains
  • Fixtures
  • Hot water maintenance
  • Sewers
  • Water leaks
  • Installation & repair of plumbing specific to department or program
  • Plumbing as part of a remodel

Delivery and Moving

  • Recycling
  • Moving surplus storage to and from Garrett Way
  • Moving office furniture
  • Post office package pick up and delivery
  • Pick up from offices to be delivered to the post office

Signs and Engraving

  • ADA required signs
  • Building directories
  • Building signs and numbers
  • Electrical tags
  • Room numbers
  • Street signs
  • Banners
  • Name plates - office desks or doors
  • Special event signs
  • Vehicle lettering