facebook pixel Skip to Main Content
Idaho State University home

Working with Animals

in Research

Researchers wanting to perform research with animals should understand these two facets:

  1. The Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC), which administers the use of research animals
  2. The ISU Animal Facility where research animals may be housed and studied at ISU
Facility Contact  

Protocol Contact

Mia Benkenstein
Animal Facility Manager
Research Outreach & Compliance     
Ph: (208) 282-3895  

Email: anmlcare@isu.edu    

Tom Bailey
IACUC Coordinator
Research Integrity & Compliance
Ph: (208) 282-2179  

Email: anmlcare@isu.edu

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Shelley Knight or Mia Benkenstein via cell phone or anmlcare@isu.edu email, subject line: ACF Access


Report concerns about animal care/use or the animal program.