Department of Mathematics & Statistics
The Department of Mathematics & Statistics offers a Doctoral, Master's, Bachelor's and Associate's degree in Mathematics, a Bachelor's degree and Associates degree in Statistics and a Minor in Applied Mathematics.
- provides courses in mathematics and statistics that serve students in many fields, including engineering, education, health professions, business and the sciences,
- contributes to general education objectives,
- provides training in developmental mathematics for under-prepared students,
- conducts pure and applied research in mathematics and statistics, and
- supports the university, the community and the profession through a variety of service roles.
As well, the Department maintains a highly trained and research-active faculty with a balanced commitment to teaching, research and service.
Congratulations to the teams winners of the 2018 SCUDEM III Math Modeling Contest!
Check out the photos here: 2018 SCUDEM III Math Modeling Contest
Contratulations to Dr. Robert Fisher! After serving as Chair of the Department of Mathematics for 13 years, he has accepted the position of Associate Dean in the College of Science and Engineering.
Effective July 1, 2018:
Department Chair: Dr. DeWayne Derryberry
Assistant Department Chair: Dr. Wenxiang Zhu
Graduate Director: Dr. Yunrong Zhu
Undergraduate Director: Dr. Tracy Payne
Effective Fall 2018:
Math 0015, Arithmetic/Pre-Algebra, will no longer be offered.
Effective Spring 2018:
Interested in a challenge? If you would like to see how you can possibly take either Math 1123 (Math in Modern Society) or Math 1153 (Introduction to Statistics) without taking the prerequisite courses(s), check out the:
Classroom: REND 332
Tutoring: REND 323
Testing: REND 324
Location: CHE 220