Field Trip Tips
The Museum has found the following adult to student ratios to be optimal for students, chaperones, and teachers to have the best museum experience:
Between 1 adult: 4 students and 1 adult: 6 students
Middle School, Junior High, High School
No fewer than 1 adult: 10 students
All chaperones who come with a school group will receive FREE admission. Chaperones must stay with their students at all times and are responsible for the conduct of the students they are accompanying.
- Keep your group in one area at a time.
- Explore the area with your group and encourage questions.
- If you have a question, ask a staff member for help. Staff are glad to show you how an exhibit works or answer any questions you may have.
- Count your students before you move to another area.
A few rules to assure a safe and fun trip for everyone (including teachers and chaperones).
- Respect others in your group and other museum visitors
- Use indoor voices
- Walk in the museum - no running
- No climbing on exhibits
- No food or drink in exhibit area
- Photographs may be taken in the exhibit areas with no flash
- Teachers and chaperones must stay with their groups at all times
In the infrequent event that a student’s behavior is disruptive to others, museum staff will ask for additional assistance from teachers and chaperones for the group. In extreme situations, museum staff reserves the right to ask the students to leave the museum.
Still have questions? Call us at 208-282-2195.