Department of Biological Sciences
Additional Biological Sciences Information for COVID-19
- Biology faculty advises students, so please continue to reach out to your advisors just as before.
- Please see our Student Resources page.
- Please reach out to your Professors with course-specific questions
- Please reach out to your advisor (see above) with degree or advising questions
- If students wish to change their major or add a minor, they can email Joyell at firstname.lastname@example.org with the major and/or concentration they would like to change to or minor they want to add. Please include your Bengal number in the email.
We expect that the main office will be open during regular business hours (unless guidelines changes).
Our Vision: To inspire our students to wonder about the living world and strive to better understand it.
Our Mission: We are a community that advances understanding of the biological sciences through active discovery, learning and engagement with society.
- Diversity: We reflect the aspirations, interests, and identities of our communities
- Community: A culture of mutual trust, respect, accountability, and camaraderie
- Passion: An enthusiastic dedication to our work
- Empowerment: Helping individuals realize their talents and fulfill their potential
- Excellence: An international reputation for innovative scholarship with regional impacts
- Sincerity: Inspire confidence and reliability in ourselves and others
To learn more about our department and our future plans, please read the BioSci Strategic Plan.
Open Positions in Biology
- Undergraduate Programs Coordinator
- Assistant Professor: Microbiologist
- Assistant Professor/Assistant Curator: Botanist