Department of Biological Sciences
Additional Biological Sciences Information for COVID-19
- Biology faculty advises students, so please continue to reach out to your advisors just as before.
- Our Undergraduate Program Coordinator, Dan Giltz, can also answer advising questions. You can contact him at email@example.com.
- Please see our Student Resources page.
- Please reach out to your Professors with course-specific questions
- Please reach out to your advisor (see above) or Dan Giltz (firstname.lastname@example.org) with degree or advising questions
- If students wish to change their major or add a minor, they can email Joyell at email@example.com with the major and/or concentration they would like to change to or minor they want to add. Please include your Bengal number in the email.
Monday & Wednesday 7am-3:30pm
Tuesday & Thursday 8am-5pm
Biology office staff will be working remotely on Fridays.
Our Vision: To inspire our students to wonder about the living world and strive to better understand it.
Our Mission: We are a community that advances understanding of the biological sciences through active discovery, learning and engagement with society.
- Diversity: We reflect the aspirations, interests, and identities of our communities
- Community: A culture of mutual trust, respect, accountability, and camaraderie
- Passion: An enthusiastic dedication to our work
- Empowerment: Helping individuals realize their talents and fulfill their potential
- Excellence: An international reputation for innovative scholarship with regional impacts
- Sincerity: Inspire confidence and reliability in ourselves and others
To learn more about our department and our future plans, please read the BioSci Strategic Plan.