Professional Achievement Awards
Idaho State University’s annual Professional Achievement Awards recognize some of the most influential alumni for their valuable and distinguished contributions to Idaho State, their profession and their community.
Nominations for the Professional Achievement Awards are due by December 15. You can nominate a deserving Bengal alumna or alumnus today by completing this form. More information about criteria and qualifications can be found below.
2023 PAA Recipients
- The College of Arts and Letters - Fine Arts and Humanities: Thomas Neel
- The College of Arts and Letters - Social and Behavioral Sciences: B. Anselme Sadiki
- The College of Business: Tamela Gates May
- The College of Education: Alicia Hays
- The College of Health: Lisa Moravec
- The College of Pharmacy: Dr. Anna Ratka
- The College of Science and Engineering: Dr. Curtis Smith
- The College of Technology: Corey Lewis
- The Graduate School: Dr. Randy Clemons
Given annually during Commencement, the Professional Achievement Awards recognize Bengal alumni for their valuable and distinguished contributions to Idaho State University, their professions and to their communities.
Nominations for Professional Achievement Awards are directed to and accepted by the individual college Deans and unit heads throughout the year. Nomination packets are due to the dean of each college by Decembe 1. The dean from each college selects the recipient for this award. Nominate a deserving Bengal alumna or alumnus today.
Qualifications for nomination:
- Must be an alumnus of Idaho State University.
- Must show significant success and/or accomplishment in nominating field.
- Must have been out of school for at least 10 years.
Criteria and materials reviewed by selection committees include:
- A completed nomination form.
- Three letters of support - one may be from the nominator.
- A current resume or vitae for the candidate and other supporting materials such as newspaper articles, publications, or other resources that speak to the candidate's achievements.
Alumni are honored with Professional Achievement Awards from the following colleges and schools:
College of Arts & Letters - 2 honorees
- Fine Arts
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
College of Business - 1 honoree
College of Education - 1 honoree
College of Health - 1 honoree
College of Pharmacy - 1 honoree
College of Science & Engineering - 1 honoree
College of Technology - 1 honoree
Graduate School - 1 honoree