Outstanding Student Achievement Awards
The Outstanding Student Achievement Awards recognizes graduating students who have demonstrated outstanding service to their respective college, to Idaho State University and to the community, and who also have exceptional scholastic achievement.
Most Recent Recipients (2019)
- Fine Arts & Humanities: William Veloso
- Social & Behavioral Sciences: Rachel Godin
- Natural and Physical Sciences: McKenzie Mangun
- Engineering: Eighdi Aung
- College of Health Professions: Kirby Kinghorn
- College of Nursing: Whitney Heuer
- College of Pharmacy: Trager Hintze
- College of Rehabilitation & Communication Sciences: Jenna Strop
- College of Health Professions: Cassandra Smith
- College of Business: Logan Schmidt
- College of Education: Brittany Garrett
- College of Technology: Jessica Hamway
- Master's Candidate: Alyssa Millard
- Doctoral Candidate: Omid Heidari
OSA Award Description
Faculty, staff, students, and alumni are invited to nominate senior students who meet the selection criteria. Nomination packets are due to the dean of the college no later than Friday, January 18th, 2019 at 5 p.m.
For undergraduate nominees:
Selection of graduating seniors is based on three areas: academic achievements/honors; career-related experience, and extra-curricular activities. An Outstanding Student Achievement Award nominee should be a well-rounded and successful member of our campus and community. Areas of selection can include leadership activities and strength of class load as it pertains to each student's major.
For graduate nominees:
Selection of graduating graduate students is based on three areas: academic achievements/honors; career-related experience, and extra-curricular activities. An Outstanding Student Achievement Award nominee from the graduate school should be a well-rounded and successful member of our campus and community. As all graduate degrees differ in the completion requirements, each candidate will likely come with different degrees will discuss and weigh the importance of research, published materials and/or the amount of time spent teaching.
Criteria and materials reviewed by selection committees for all awards include:
- Completed nomination form.
- GPA: high academic achievement.
- 1-3 Letters of Recommendation (academic, professional & personal).
- Academic achievements and honors.
- ISU course work (transcripts will be requested/reviewed).
- Career-related experience.
- Extra-curricular activities.
- Leadership experience.
Students are honored with Outstanding Student Achievement Awards from the following colleges and divisions:
College of Arts & Letters - 2 honorees
- Fine Arts & Humanities
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
College of Science & Engineering - 2 honorees
- Natural & Physical Sciences
Division of Health Sciences - 3 honorees
- Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
College of Business - 1 honoree
College of Education - 1 honoree
College of Technology - 1 honoree
Graduate School - 2 honorees
- Master's Candidate
- Doctoral Candidate