Outstanding Student Achievement Awards
The Outstanding Student Achievement Awards recognizes graduating students who have demonstrated outstanding service to their respective college, to Idaho State University and to the community, and who also have exceptional scholastic achievement.
Most Recent Recipients (2018)
- Fine Arts & Humanities: Casetin Wade Lybbert
- Social & Behavioral Sciences: Jillian Christiansen
- Natural and Physical Sciences: Benjamin Poulter
- Engineering: Malcolm Tencate
- Health Sciences: Jessica Downes
- School of Nursing: Jessalynn Garnett
- College of Pharmacy: Heather Walser
- College of Business: Daniel Ortiz Florez
- College of Education: Brianna Gibson
- College of Technology: Kenneth "Jake" Powell
- Master's Candidate: Larinda Nichols
- Doctoral Candidate: Doug Colman
Faculty, staff, students, and alumni are invited to nominate senior students who meet the selection criteria. Nomination packets are due to the dean of the college no later than Friday, January 18th, 2019 at 5 p.m.
For undergraduate nominees:
Selection of graduating seniors is based on three areas: academic achievements/honors; career-related experience, and extra-curricular activities. An Outstanding Student Achievement Award nominee should be a well-rounded and successful member of our campus and community. Areas of selection can include leadership activities and strength of class load as it pertains to each student's major.
For graduate nominees:
Selection of graduating graduate students is based on three areas: academic achievements/honors; career-related experience, and extra-curricular activities. An Outstanding Student Achievement Award nominee from the graduate school should be a well-rounded and successful member of our campus and community. As all graduate degrees differ in the completion requirements, each candidate will likely come with different degrees will discuss and weigh the importance of research, published materials and/or the amount of time spent teaching.
Criteria and materials reviewed by selection committees for all awards include:
- Completed nomination form.
- GPA: high academic achievement.
- 1-3 Letters of Recommendation (academic, professional & personal).
- Academic achievements and honors.
- ISU course work (transcripts will be requested/reviewed).
- Career-related experience.
- Extra-curricular activities.
- Leadership experience.
Students are honored with Outstanding Student Achievement Awards from the following colleges and divisions:
College of Arts & Letters - 2 honorees
- Fine Arts & Humanities
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
College of Science & Engineering - 2 honorees
- Natural & Physical Sciences
Division of Health Sciences - 3 honorees
- Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
College of Business - 1 honoree
College of Education - 1 honoree
College of Technology - 1 honoree
Graduate School - 2 honorees
- Master's Candidate
- Doctoral Candidate