Class Schedule Terminology
An option for students who wish to register for a course as a listener only. Audit participants do not complete assignments, take tests, or earn a grade. Audit credits do not count toward graduation.
A code used to designate where a course section is taught:
- PC = Pocatello
- IF = Idaho Falls
- MD = Meridian
- TF = Twin Falls
- HS = High School
The abbreviations used to designate which days a course section will be taught:
- Monday = M
- Tuesday = T
- Wednesday = W
- Thursday = R
- Friday = F
- Saturday = S
- Sunday = U
The maximum number of students who will be allowed to register for a course section.
The time for the class. Some classes that are listed with a TBA You will see this abbreviation when the instructor for a course or the time for a course has not yet been determined or when the class time has not been determined. It is also used when a course has no specific class time because it is online.
A unique four-digit code used to designate a specific offering in the university catalog.
- Courses beginning with 00 are considered remedial and will not count toward academic degrees.
- Courses numbered 1000-2999 are undergraduate courses that are considered lower division courses leading to associate degrees.
- Courses numbered 3000-4999 are undergraduate courses that are considered upper division courses leading to bachelor degrees.
- Courses numbered 5000-6999 are reserved for graduate level courses leading to master or doctoral degrees.
The unique Course Reference Number for a specific course section on the class schedule.
The number of credit hours for a designated ours section as listed in the university catalog.
The designator used for the subject area. (e.g. ENGL = English)
A flag that requires the student to request a registration override from the instructor to register for a course section.
An option to take a course for a grade that does not affect the grade point average (GPA). This option is only available on courses at the departments discretion.
The two digit number after the course number. This distinguishes one course offering from another with the same course number. (e.g. ENGL 1101-01 or ENGL 1101-02)
The course title as listed in the university catalog.
Designated if a course section will be taught by a method other than standard lecture:
- WC = Web Course(Fully Online)
- WS = Web Supplemented(i.e. Moodle or other tool used to supplement instruction)
- VS = Video Conference Web Supplemented course
See Department Code.
The semester of the class schedule to review.
An option available for students when a course section is full and they wish to be allowed to register if an opening occurs.
Museum Building 12
3rd Floor, Room 307
921 S 8th, Stop 8054
Pocatello, ID. 83209
Like us on Social Media: