Resident Benefits and Salary
Idaho State University offers excellent employee benefits and salary given to residents while in training.
• R1 year - $55,473.00
• R2 year - $57,678.00
• R3 year - $60,819.00
• Medical and dental insurance is offered through Blue Cross of Idaho with plan options to choose from with varying premiums and deductibles.
• Basic life insurance.
• For a small premium, term insurance, disability, and vision are offered.
• A Flexible Spending Account is available to help cover qualified healthcare expenses and day care expenses.
• $1,000 to help cover moving expenses
• Three full weeks of vacation
• For a minimal cost, the university has the following facilities available: movie theater, bowling alley, gym, swimming pool, and craft shop.
• Countless university activities throughout the year can be attended for a small fee.
There are approved expenses that residents can use their CME money to cover. Examples include:
• USMLE or Comlex step 3 exam
• USMLE/Comlex transcript
• Idaho State Board of Medicine license application
• Idaho State Board of Medicine license pro-rated fee
• DEA license
• Controlled Substance license