Due to the constantly shifting state of the world during this pandemic, we acknowledge that our usual interview structure will be changing. We are not yet certain of the precise shape of this, but are currently engaged in parallel planning for both in-person and virtual interviews. We will be keeping our interviewees notified as things change.
State of Idaho Coronavirus website: https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/
Idaho Division of Public Health statistics: https://public.tableau.com/profile/idaho.division.of.public.health#!/vizhome/DPHIdahoCOVID-19Dashboard_V2/Story1
Application Process, Eligibility, and Interview Dates
First-year applicants interested in applying should apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). One must also apply to the Idaho State University Family Medicine Residency base program in Pocatello, ID. Foreign medical school graduates must contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, which will assist them in their ERAS application.
- Only applications transmitted through ERAS will be accepted. Applications sent any other way will not be reviewed.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (no Visas or EADs)
- Medical School must be licensable in the State of Idaho. Check with your medical school or the Idaho Board of Medicine to determine this information
- No more than one exam failure (USMLE and/or COMLEX)
- Must have graduated from medical school within the last three years
- Applicants must also apply to the ISU FMR base program in Pocatello, Idaho
- ERAS Requirements:
- ERAS application form
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical School Performance Evaluation
- USMLE/COMLEX steps I, II, and CSA/PE scores reported by February 15th
Interviews are generally conducted mid-October through mid-December annually. Application deadline is December 1 of each year.