The ISU Physics Department offices and facilities are located on the first floor of the Physical Science building, located at 785 S. 8th Ave., Pocatello, ID 83209.
Several facilities are available for student and faculty use. Please use the links below for more information on those facilities available.
- Beam Labs
- 18MeV and 6MeV LINACs
- Van de Graaff Accelerators
- Idaho Accelerator Center (IAC)
- Physics demonstrations and equipment available in the Department
The ISU Physics Department conducts research specializing in the following areas.
- Homeland security/nuclear nonproliferation/nuclear safeguards
- Materials Science
- Cross Cutting / Interdisciplinary Research
- Photon activation analysis
- K -12 Educational Programs
- In Service Teacher Programs