The Idaho State Graduate School admission process is initiated as follows:
- The application for admissions is available online.
- Applicants applying as degree-seeking students must request that each institution at which they have taken any post-secondary work submit one official transcript directly to the Graduate School. Idaho State University undergraduate transcripts are available to the Graduate School and need not be forwarded by the applicant. Non-degree seeking applicants must provide a transcript (official or copy) showing proof of degree.
- Applicants must include a $65 nonrefundable processing fee with each application form. The files of students who do not pay the required application fee will not be processed for admission. REQUEST AN APPLICATION FEE WAIVER CODE to apply for free!
Additional Application Requirements to the M.S. HRD Program include:
- Students must submit an MS HRD Statement of Interest form
- Students must submit a current resume or vita with their application
Graduate Certificates (12 credits)
Career and Technical Education
Human Resource Development
Graduates with a master’s degree in human resource development work in all career fields and could be qualified for the following types of positions:
- Training and Development Director
- Supervisor or Manager
- Higher Education or K-12 Professional
- Organizational Leader or Executive
- Trainer and Learning Specialist
- Professional Consultant
- Organizational Development Professional
- Community Relations Coordinator or Manager
- Organizational Effectiveness Professional
- Retail Management
Because human resource development skills are highly desirable in today’s job market, the job outlook includes:
- Near 100% job placement rate
- Average salary (according to the government’s Occupational Outlook Handbook) is $61,570 for a training and development specialist and $120,130 for a training and development manager.
- Alumni jobs include:
- Idaho National Laboratory
- Idaho Central Credit Union
- State of Idaho
- Boise State University
- College of Western Idaho
- Business Owner/Entrepreneur
- ITAFOS Inc.
- Minidoka Hospital
- Burley Fire Department
- US Air Force
- St. Luke’s Hospital
- Idaho Peace Officer Standards and Training
- and more!