Human Resource Development
Preparing professional educators for leadership, development, and performance improvement in organizations.
Become a leader or manager of an agency, business, or, industry, and other organizational contexts. The M.S. in Human Resource Development (HRD) prepares organizational learning and performance professionals with high-demand management expertise in the human resource development discipline principles and practices of learning and development, performance improvement, strategic planning, and leadership.
The curriculum of this 30-credit master's degree is delivered fully online and can be completed in 18-24 months. The project-based coursework and research component address workplace problems with innovative, evidence-based HRD solutions.
For people teaching in Career and Technical Education fields, the M.S. HRD-CTE emphasis supports educators teaching industry trades and professions. This 30-credit master's degree is delivered fully online and can be completed in 18-24 months.
The M.S. HRD is a Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP) eligible for in-state tuition for member states. Are you eligible for WRGP reduced tuition?
- Human Resource Development Core (12 credits)
- OLP 6601 - HRD Literature for the Practitioner-Scholar (3)
- OLP 6602 - Principles of HRD (3)
- OLP 6621 - Theories of Adult Learning (3)
- OLP 6661 - Performance Improvement (3)
- HRD Electives (12 credits)
- Advisor Approved Electives (12)
- HRD-CTE Electives, for CTE Emphasis (12 credits)
- CTE 5501 - Foundations of CTE (3)
- CTE 5502 - Analysis and Course Construction in CTE (3)
- CTE 5503 - Methods of Teaching in CTE (3)
- CTE 5504 - Evaluation in CTE (3)
- Research Studies (6-12 credits)
- Option 1: Thesis (9-12 credits; total degree 33 credit minimum)
- Option 2: Field Research Project (6 credits; total degree 30 credit minimum)
- Option 3: Capstone (7 credits; total degree 31 credit minimum)
Training & Development Specialist/Director
Organizational Development professional
Community Relations Coordinator/Manager
Organizational Effectiveness professional