Find Your Future Here!
As a student in the Bachelor of Science in Workplace Training and Leadership, you will have the opportunity to help individuals, teams and organizations be as effective as possible. This fully-online, asynchronous program will allow you to earn your degree at your own pace and develop critical skills and knowledge in organizational leadership, professional education, career/technical education and employee development. Our dedicated faculty are here to support, inspire, and empower you throughout your education and beyond. Join us, and find your future here!
Finish Your Bachelor’s Degree!
- We prioritize what matters to you most which is earning your degree!
- We accept students from all backgrounds with previous credit from outside accredited institutions.
Anywhere and at Anytime -
- The fully online, asynchronous (no set meeting time) program is tailored towards the working professional or busy adult.
- Classes are offered with no set time and students can be enrolled part-time or full-time and can start in the fall, spring, or summer semesters.
Gain the Skills Needed to Land Your Dream Job!
- This highly versatile degree is desirable in all industries including education, healthcare, career/technical education, government, financial institutions and beyond.
Workplace training and leadership classes include:
- Building effective and engaged teams
- Decision making and problem solving
- High impact leadership
- Improving individual and group performance
- Strategic planning
- Supervising and managing people
- Talent development
Idaho State University Admissions Process
For Undergraduate Students:
Create an account with Idaho State University
Materials needed include:
Transcripts or GED
Official ACT or SAT scores
$50 application fee
(waived for graduates of Idaho high schools)
For Transfer Students:
Must have a 2.0 or better cumulative GPA in fourteen (14) or more credit hours to apply.
- Fill out the application
- $50 application fee (waived for graduates of Idaho high schools)
- Submit final official transcript(s) from each college attended. If currently attending, in-progress transcripts are accepted, but a final official transcript must be sent upon completion of coursework.
Certficates and Minors
Competency-Based Equivalency Portfolio Option: Students who have at least 10,000 hours of work experience can qualify for a CBE-Portfolio, which will award 24 elective credits. These credits can only be applied to a bachelor's degree in Workplace Training and Leadership. There are no extra fees applied for completing this portfolio. Contact an advisor for more information.
Baccalaureate Certificate in Career and Technical Education: The 15 credit Certificate in Career and Technical Education (CTE) supports educators teaching industry trades and professions such as automotive technology, business education, welding, robotics/engineering technology, and more. This certificate allows CTE professionals and teachers to advance in their careers.
Baccalaureate Certificate in Training and Development: The 15 credit Certificate in Training and Development provides students interested in human resources with a framework for facilitating employee engagement, training, and develop-ment within the professional workplace. Students entering the Bachelor’s in Workplace Training and Leadership are eligible to create the Certificate in Training and Development independent of their major or can accompany their major. Contact an advisor for more information.
Baccalaureate Certificate in Organizational Leadership: The 15 credit Baccalaureate Certificate in Organizational Leadership is designed for professionals seeking leadership or managerial positions. The certificate will elevate one’s knowledge of how to lead and inspire others within the professional organization.
Minor in Workplace Training and Leadership: The 21 credit Minor in Workplace Training and Leadership is intended to provide students i with a suite of skills, knowledge, and experiences in training (design, development, and delivery), and development, which are considered the non-training human development activities in which organizations (private, public, education) engage.
ISU Course Catalog
Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree in Workplace Training and Leadership could be qualified for the following types of positions across a wide variety of career fields.
- Training and Development Director
- Supervisor or Manager
- Organizational Development Professional
- Professional Consultant
- Community Relations Coordinator or Manager
- Organizational Effectiveness Professional
- Retail Associate or Manage
Job Placement and Salaries
Everyone needs workplace training, development and leadership skills in today’s job market. With the knowledge you gain in our program, you can expect:
- Near 100% job placement rate
- Average salaries, according to the government’s Occupational Outlook Handbook, for a Training and Development Specialist is $61,570 and the median income for a Career/Technical Educator is $68,960.
- Alumni jobs include:
- Idaho State University
- Idaho National Laboratory
- Idaho Central Credit Union
- State of Idaho
- Boise State University
- College of Western Idaho
- Business Owner/Entrepreneur
- Southeast Idaho Public Health
- Health West
- US Air Force
- St. Luke's Hospital
- and more!