Master of Public Health
Idaho State University's Master of Public Health (MPH) program is unique to the state of Idaho as the only MPH program in Idaho that is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
The goal of public health is to improve the health of populations through the planning, implementing, and evaluating public health programs that promote health, and prevent disease and injury. Public health professionals utilize a combination of social, environmental, legislative, and economic support to improve health programs designed to create a healthier populace.
Our courses have a community health emphasis and include an acquisition of requisite public health knowledge and skills in the areas of epidemiology, biostatistics, public health ethics, health organization and policy, health program planning and evaluation, community health promotion, research methodology and environmental health.
This program is designed to meet the needs of working individual as well as those in rural areas; classes are offered online with faculty stationed on both the Meridian and Pocatello campuses.
Why Choose ISU
- The only CEPH accredited MPH program in Idaho
- The Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals are integrated into the curriculum
- Online course format is accessible for working individuals and those from rural areas
- Flexible opportunities for US and international internships
- Internships provide hands-on learning experiences for students in a public health setting
- Faculty are actively engaged in research and professional and community service
- Research opportunities are available for students to assist with existing projects or to develop their own through the thesis project
MPH Program Accreditation
The mission of the Master of Public Health (MPH) Program at Idaho State University is to improve the health and well-being of human populations through the application of the essential services of public health by excellence in instruction, community service, research, and continuing professional education.
MPH Program Goals
Goal One - INSTRUCTION: To deliver an evidence-based academic program preparing students for public health practice.
Goal Two - RESEARCH: To promote and support public health research and scholarly endeavor, and provide leadership in public health priorities.
Goal Three - COMMUNITY SERVICE: To support students and faculty in demonstrating public health leadership and contributing to public health at the local, state, and national level.
Goal Four—CONTINUING EDUCATION: To strengthen the existing public health workforce by providing advanced skills, knowledge, and professional learning opportunities throughout Idaho.
Public Health Program
Pocatello, Idaho 83209-8109