Department of Community and Public Health
There is little doubt in today's world that public health, health promotion and disease prevention strategies are on nearly every national healthcare agenda. As a society, we have learned that a full measure of health and a better quality of life are within the grasp of most people. The lifestyle choices a person makes today may influence that individual's health forever.
The programs offered from the Department of Community and Public Health prepare students to work with individuals, groups, and organizations to educate and facilitate the voluntary adoption of actions and behaviors conducive to health. Students are also prepared to perform the following seven areas of responsibilities and competencies of entry-level and advanced-level health education specialists as described by NCHEC:
- Assess needs, resources, and capacity for health education/promotion
- Plan health education/promotion
- Implement health education/promotion
- Conduct evaluation and research related to health education/promotion
- Administer and manage health education/promotion
- Serve as a health education/promotion resource person
- Communicate, promote, and advocate for health, health education/promotion, and the profession
Please contact the Department of Community and Public Health via phone (208-282-2729), email (email@example.com) or visit our office located in Reed Gymnasium #242 on the Pocatello campus.