General Education Course Assessment Reporting
DEADLINE: Annual Course Assessment Reports for each Gen Ed Course are due November 1, 2023. Please file one report per course number.
- Departments are asked to assess relevant Learning Outcomes according to the instruments described in their approved assessment plans, and to the cycle put forth in those plans.
- Departments are asked to retain indefinitely all instruments used in the assessment process, as the plan calls for continual detailed reviews of the process over time.
- Use of course grades as assessment indicators is not sufficient in this context.
How to File a Gen Ed Assessment Report:
Follow the Instructions below to access the General Education Assessment Reporting Form:
- Log in to MyISU
- Find the GERC card
- Click on the “Gen Ed Assessment Reporting by Departments - 2nd Cycle” link in the Institutional Research card. The form will open in a new window.
- File a separate assessment report for each general education course, or for each lecture/lab combination (e.g. BIOL 1101/1101L. Include all sections of the course offered that academic year in the single report.
- Courses in a sequence (e.g. SPAN 1101-1102) are separate courses so are assessed and reported individually.
Five-year Objective Review Cycle
The second 5-Year reporting cycle began in Fall 2022, with the submission of AY2021-22 assessment reports.
GERC reviewed the Gen Ed Program as a whole in AY2022-23; the report is posted elsewhere on this website.
The following Objectives will be reviewed in Spring 2024:
- Objective 3: Mathematical Ways of Knowing
- Objective 4: Humanistic and Artistic Ways of Knowing
DEADLINE: Detailed reports on all courses satisfying these objectives are to be submitted to GERC by January 19, 2024.
NOTE: Objective Reviews are conducted by GERC and thei Objective Review Committees, and are distinct from the cumulative 5-Year Course Assessment Reports conducted by each department.