facebook pixel Skip to Main Content
Idaho State University home

Work Study: Student's Responsibilities

Signing Up for Payroll

Upon hiring, on-campus employers need to complete a Work Study EPAF for each work study employee. Off-campus employers need to complete the Personnel Action Request Form for Temporary and Student Workers (PARTS) found on the HR forms web page.

  • New hires will need to complete the new hire paperwork found on HR's New Employee Resources web page.
  • Personnel Action Request Form for Temporary and Student Workers (PARTS) found here.

The PARTS form must be completed and submitted to HR prior to the employee starting work.

Human Resources needs this information in order to set up the student employee in the University's personnel system. Students need to be set up in this system to be paid.


Pay checks are dispersed every other Friday for students employed on-campus. On-campus employees must set up their method for receiving pay checks through Human Resources. Students must show photo identification. Students who are employed off-campus should discuss time cards, paychecks, and schedules for paychecks with their employer.

If a student's time card does not meet the deadlines for submission to Payroll, the student's pay check will not be available until the next pay date. In cases where this creates a genuine hardship, an advance against this money already earned may be possible, upon approval from Payroll.

Student/Employee Expectations

Students who withdraw or reduce their level of enrollment to less than half time (6 credits) must be terminated from Work Study employment.

As employees of Idaho State University, Work Study employees are expected to extend their employing departments certain courtesies: two weeks advance notice if terminating position, advance notification if unable to meet scheduled work time, and appropriate dress for scheduled duties. Please meet with supervisors to become familiar with departmental requirements.

Work Study employees serve at the discretion of the employing department. Students should give employers a current class schedule and notify them immediately of any changes in class or Work Study award.

Award Limit

It is the responsibility of the student and employer to ensure that the student does not exceed his/her Work Study Award limit.

The departments are responsible for obtaining from the student the verification of their total work study award and to keep records of the amount paid to each student (at 100% of gross wages) for this purpose.

Employer's allocation and the student's work study award are stated at 100% (including both the Employer's 25% and Work Study program's 75%). If this amount is exceeded and the student has no more eligibility, the department will be responsible for the wages at 100%.


Address questions regarding Work Study to the Financial Aid Office at (208) 282-2756.