Our climbing wall has 5,500 square feet of climbable space making it the most expansive wall in the region and one of the largest at any university. The wall was built in 1999 and designed by Scott Vail of Nampa, Idaho.
For specific inquiries please contact our Climbing Wall Coordinator, Brenna Miller, at (208) 282-3825 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link to the Climbing Wall Assumption of Risk
If you would like to know more about scheduling a group, review the GROUP CLIMB INFORMATION below.
Indoor Open Climb
Climbing Wall Fall Semester Hours:
Saturday & Sunday 1:00-5:00pm
Friday, October 27 - Wall closed for Homeless Stand Down set up
About Group Climbing
We use a “team climb” for groups which allows those under age 16 to belay each other safely with a multi-person, multi-rope belay setup. It is a fun, rewarding experience for youth groups and beginners!
GROUP CLIMBS MUST BE SCHEDULED AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE DURING OPEN CLIMB.
We stress (and cannot stress enough) Wall staff are unable to accommodate groups during Open Climb hours. If a group drops in, they will be turned away.
Contact our Climbing Coordinator, Brenna Miller, at (208) 282-3825 or email@example.com, to schedule a group.
- Group climbs must be scheduled a week in advance.
- A group should be a minimum of 6 climbers and a maximum of 20 climbers.
- We schedule Group Climbs on Tuesday nights from 8:00 to 10:00 PM.
- The cost for a group climb is $200.
All participants under 18 must have a waiver signed by a guardian prior to the event.
The Climbing Wall Assumption of Risk form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian prior to participation. We do not currently have an online waiver, but you may print the Climbing Wall Assumption of Risk and bring the signed waiver to the Wall. As dictated by ISU Risk Management, the Assumption of Risk form may not be signed by a temporary (non-legal) guardian. Parent notes or phone calls are not accepted in lieu of signed Assumption of Risk form.
What constitutes a “group”? Can I bring a couple kids to climb?
The Wall staff's ability to accommodate any climber depends on how busy the wall is and the experience-level of participants. For example, three kids and one adult would be allowed to use the wall during Open Climb under the following conditions:
- The adult would need to be belay certified prior to arriving.
- All children must be actively supervised and within arms’ reach of an adult. It is extremely unsafe for children to run amok at the Wall.
- Everyone who enters the facility will need to be a member or purchase a day pass fee. This includes children of any age. We do not have guest passes or spectator rates.
- Those under age 16 may not belay.
- Minor participants must have the Climbing Wall Assumption of Risk signed by their parent or legal guardian.
125 feet wide by 35 feet high with 5,500 square feet of climbable space
25-foot horizontal roof overhang
20,000 feet (4 miles) of metal tubing make up the interior frame
19 top-rope stations with 45+ routes
17 lead climbing stations
Bouldering area with 25+ problems
2 TrueBlue Auto-Belays