Computer Aided Design Drafting Technology
The design drafting profession affects everything done, every day, by every individual. Without a plan or visual graphic, nothing can be manufactured, built, made, or sold. Everything has a plan for creation and design drafters are the people who make it happen.
The Computer Aided Design Drafting Technology graduate is prepared to work in engineering, architectural, building, and manufacturing professions. Graduates are trained on the latest versions of Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) and modeling software used in many disciplines including mechanical, structural, architectural, and interior design.
Graduates Employed or Continuing Education Five-Year Average
Idaho Median Income
National Median Income
- Program accepts students in August
- Typical classroom hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and open lab time from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Program admits up to 30 students each year
- Books can be checked out from the program at no cost to students
- Accredited by the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE)
Computer Aided Design Drafting Associate of Applied (2 years)
- Course Sequence Associate of Applied Science Computer Aided Design Drafting - Architectural
- Course Sequence Associate of Applied Science Computer Aided Design Drafting - Mechanical
Computer Aided Design Drafting Advanced Technical Certificate (2 years)
- Course Sequence Advanced Technical Certificate Computer Aided Design Drafting - Architectural
- Course Sequence Advanced Technical Certificate Computer Aided Design Drafting - Mechanical
Mechanical Drafting Intermediate Technical Certificate (1 year)
- Course Sequence Intermediate Technical Certificate Computer Aided Design Drafting - Mechanical
Architectural Drafting Intermediate Technical Certificate (1year)
Bachelor of Applied Science (4+ years)
The drafter/designer must be able to learn how to visualize forms and shapes from blueprints and sketches, develop an understanding of and then apply theoretical principles and technical knowledge, think critically, and be self-directed. Drafters/designers should enjoy technical work; work that involves precision by following industry standards. The successful drafter/designer should be able to prioritize, work rapidly, meet deadlines, and produce quality work.
- Engineering and architectural firms
- Machinery manufacturers
- Structural metal fabricators
- Construction companies
|SAT||English: 360||Math: 360|
|ACT||English: 14||Math: 14|