UCC Proposal Status Tracking
Proposal request forms submitted online are added to this Google spreadsheet when the proposal is generated as a Google Doc. The tracking sheet is then manually updated as proposals make their way through the review, approval, and implementation process.
2022 Proposals in Progress for 2023-24 catalog
All completed proposals received from each college or unit for consideration by UCC are listed below alphabetically by department, with a link to the particular proposal.
- # = approved by UCC
- & = approved by GERC
- ^ = approved by Academic Affairs
- $ = approved by SBOE
- + = entered into catalog
- % = Tabled
- W = Withdrawn
College of Arts and Letters
- Proposal #23 from CAL Arts & Letters to create ROAR 1101 as a permanent course.
- Proposal #67 from CAL Anthropology to create new courses ANTH 4437, 4440, 4441, 4442, and 4488, and to update curriculum.
- Proposal #67A from CAL Anthropology to change pre- and co-requisite prefix for LANG 1107 to GLBL 1107 in several ANTH courses. LANG to GLBL prefix change is contingent upon approval of Proposal #10. Changes affect Graduate catalog.
- Proposal #81 as amended from CAL Art for minor course updates, delete ART 3301 and ART 3302. Changes affect Graduate Catalog.
- Proposal #63 as amended from CAL Communication, Media, and Persuasion to revise the course title for CMP 3311, and adjusted required courses and credits for the CMP majors.
- Proposal #92 from CAL Communication, Media & Persuasion to change the semesters offered on CMP 3339 Web Design from "F, S" to "F".
- Proposal #3 from CAL English & Philosophy to create new ENGL 2215 as an Objective 4 Gen Ed courses, and change pre- and co-requisite prefix for LANG 1107 to GLBL 1107 in several ENGL courses. GERC has approved ENGL 2215 for Objective 4. LANG to GLBL prefix change is contingent upon approval of Proposal #10. Changes affect Graduate catalog.
- Proposal #10 from CAL Global Studies & Languages to create new GLBL 1135 as Gen Ed Obj 8 course, change LANG and CMLT prefixes to GLBL, delete selected and upper division ARBC, CHNS, FREN, GERM, LATN, RUSS, and GLBL Geography courses no longer being taught. Discontinuation of French and German Minors and proficiency certificates. Changes affect Graduate Catalog. GERC has approved the Gen Ed course changes except for GLBL 1135 as an Objective 8 course. Will consider that course separately. Contingent upon OSBE approval of Letter of Notification #2022-LON-07 to discontinue French & German minors and certificates.
- Proposal #74 as amended from CAL History to update HIST courses, create new HIST 4469, renumber several HIST 33xx courses to 44xx in anticipation of creating an accelerated pathway in the future, update HIST curriculum and History and Social Studies teaching endorsements to reflect course changes. Changes affect Graduate Catalog.
- Proposal #77 from CAL Political Science to add existing POLS 2231 to the Gen Ed program as an Objective 9 course. GERC approved POLS 2231 as an Objective 9 Gen Ed course.
- Proposal #93 from CAL Psychology to add PSYC 3352 to Psychology Core Areas, Category 2, in the BA/BS and Minor curriculum.
- Proposal #70 from CAL Sociology, Social Work & Criminology to delete SOWK 4476, 4477, 4478 & 4479 and replace them with SOWK 4460, 4473, and 4474, update courses and curriculum.
College of Business
- Proposal #25 from COB Accounting & Information Systems to add MGT 1116 as a prerequisite option for ACCT 2201.
- Proposal #96 from COB Accounting & Information Systems to create new 9-credit Academic Certificate in Information Systems, using new courses INFO 4150, INFO 4380, and INFO 4480. Contingent upon OSBE approval of Letter of Notification #2022-LON-08 for the new certificate. Changes may affect Graduate catalog.
- Proposal #73 as amended from COB Business Administration to create new BA 3316 to replace INFO 3301 being dropped, minor updates to MGT 2216 & 2217, update Business Minor and core BBA curriculum for all BBA programs. Course changes in this proposal also apply to Proposal #72.
- # Proposal #17 from COB Finance to create a new FIN 4485 course and add FIN 4464 and FIN 4485 as electives for the Financial Literacy Academic Certificate.
Proposal #72 from COB Health Care Administration to add HCA 4450 and delete HCA 4420 from the BBA Healthcare Administration major course requirements. Course changes in Proposal #73 affect this proposal’s curriculum.
College of Education
- Proposal #33 as amended from COE Human Performance & Sport Studies to create new Sport Management emphases in Coaching and in Sport Operations, update GPA requirements and course offerings, create new courses HPSS 3320, HPSS 3321, and HPSS 4433, and delete obsolete courses. Contingent upon OSBE approval of Letter of Notification #2022-LON-06 for the new emphases.
- Proposal #71 from COE Human Performance & Sport Studies and Teaching and Educational Studies to add all PEAC courses as approved electives to the Physical Education 45-credit Endorsement curriculum.
- Proposal #1 from COE Teaching and Educational Studies to create new EDUC 4479 Geology for Educators course to replace GLBL 3379, which is being deleted from the catalog, in the Social Studies 30-credit Endorsement.
- # ^ Proposal #11 from COE Teaching & Educational Studies to update course description for EDUC 4463. Changes affect Graduate Catalog
- Proposal #30 from COE Teaching and Educational Studies for minor updates to various BED, CTE, and FCS courses, delete several obsolete FCS courses: FCS 1109, 1120, 2202, 2207, 3322, 3373, 3374, 3375, 4400, 4401, 4411, 4412, 4440, and 4494.
- Proposal #65 from COE Teaching and Educational Studies to substitute THEA 2201 instead of THEA 3331 in all Communications Endorsements; THEA 3331 is no longer offered.
- Proposal #80 from COE Teaching and Educational Studies to add sign language prerequisites to EDHH 4459 and to swap EDUC 4460 for EDUC 4463 in the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Endorsement.
- Proposal #84 from COE Teaching & Educational Studies to create new Obj 3 Gen Ed courses EDMT 2270 & 2271; new EDMT 2299, 3370 & 4470, update curriculum for Early Childhood, Special Ed, Math endorsements. GERC has approved EMDT 2270 & EDMT 2271 as Objective 3 Gen Ed courses.
College of Health
- Proposal #12 from KDHS Division of Health Sciences for a new 11-13 credit Interprofessional Certificate in Mindfulness with three emphases, new courses DHS 4412, DHS 4414, DHS 4415, and DHS 4416, minor course updates and course descriptions. Changes affect Graduate Catalog. Contingent upon OSBE approval of Letter of Notification #2022-LON-xx for the new Certificate.
- Proposal #75 from KDHS BS Health Sciences to update BIOL, PHYS, and elective requirements in the BSHS Health Science concentration. Needs course prefix change from PTOT into PT and OT in accordance with the departmental split approved earlier this year. This prefix change was subsequently included in Proposal #66A. Changes affect Proposal #89
- Proposal #35 from KDHS Division of Health Sciences, Pharmacy, Dental Hygiene, and Nursing to create new courses DENT 3322 and DHS 3315 to replace courses being deleted PPRA 3314 and PPRA 3315, respectively.
- Proposal #15 from COH Communication Sciences & Disorders to update course semester offerings, language and lab credits, add CSD 3330 elective to Sign Language Studies Minor.
- Proposal #90 from COH Community and Public Health to add CPH 2200 and/or CPH 2221 as pre-reqs to selected CPH courses.
- Proposal #37 from COH Dental Hygiene to swap PSYC 1101 for POLS 1101 as recommended Objective 6 Gen Ed requirement for the B.S. degree in Dental Hygiene.
- Proposal #87 from COH Dental Hygiene to update curriculum and criteria for Accelerated BS to MS track in Dental Hygiene. Contingent upon Graduate Council’s approval of the accelerated pathway. May require notifying OSBE of updated curriculum for this pathway.
- # ^ $ Proposal #18 from COH Emergency Services to delete the 9-credit Community Paramedic Certificate, CPAR courses, and Community Paramedic Track from the B.S. Health Science, Emergency Medical Services Concentration. Contingent upon acceptance of Letter of Notification #2022-LON-xx by OSBE and NWCCU.
- Proposal #82 as amended from COH Homeland Security & Emergency Management to update HSEM courses and program curricula, delete HSEM 3360 and HSEM 4475, renumber HSEM 4440 to HSEM 4540, and create new courses HSEM 4405 and HSEM 4570. Also creates an Accelerated BS to MS in Homeland Security and Emergency Management, and a dual degree option with the BA in Sociology: Criminology concentration. Will require notifying OSBE of Accelerated and/or Dual Degree pathways.
- Proposal #66 from COH Occupational Therapy to update BIOL and CHEM requirements in the BSHS Pre-Occupational Therapy concentrations.
- Proposal #66A from COH Occupational Therapy to change course prefix from PTOT to OT in accordance with the departmental split that created the stand-alone Department of Occupational Therapy by deleting all PTOT courses and creating corresponding OT courses.
College of Pharmacy
- Proposal #68 as amended from COP Pharmacy to update courses and sequences, delete obsolete courses, and general catalog cleanup.
College of Science and Engineering
- Proposal #26 from COSE Biological Sciences to create new elective BIOL 1111 Lab and BIOL 1112 virus discovery courses.
- Proposal #79 from COSE Biological Sciences to adjust credits for BIOL 4429 & 4429L to be 3 & 1 instead of 4 & 0, respectively. Changes affect Graduate Catalog.
- Proposal #89 as amended from COSE Biological Sciences to create new BIOL 2233/L to replace deleted BIOL 2221/L & 2235/L, drop BIOL 4477 & 4478, update courses & curricula for Biology, Biochemistry & Microbiology programs. Changes affect Proposal #75.
- Proposal #88 from COSE Chemistry to update BS in Chemistry curriculum requirements.
- Proposal #94 from COSE Computer Science to create new elective CS 4432 and CS 4433 machine learning engineering courses. Changes affect Graduate Catalog.
- # ^ Proposal #8 from Mathematics & Statistics to update course prerequisites and add more course options to the Math Minor.
College of Technology
- Proposal #34 from COT Aircraft Maintenance Technology to update AIRM course semester offerings and add ALEKS Math prerequisites to first-semester courses.
- Proposal #51 from COT Auto Collision Repair & Refinishing Technology and Welding to add ALEKS Math prerequisites to ACRR and WELD first-semester courses.
- Proposal #19 from COT Automotive Technology and Diesel/Onsite Power Generation programs for course and credit updates, and add ALEKS Math pre-requisites to first-semester courses.
- Proposal #43 from COT Business Technology to add ALEKS Math prerequisites to first-semester BT courses and update Hospitality Management curriculum to focus more on computer literacy.
- Proposal #24 from COT Civil Engineering Technology to create new CET 0215, substitute MATH 1143 and MATH 1144 or MATH 1147 for dropped courses CET 0110 and CET 0120, update other CET courses and UAS 0228, adjust curriculum.
- # Proposal #5 as amended from COT Cloud Computing to update course prerequisites and descriptions for BT 0160, BT 0161, BT 0162, BT 0163, and BT 0164 in response to the program’s Technical Advisory Committee recommendations.
- Proposal #46 from COT Computer Aided Design Drafting Technology to add ALEKS Math prerequisites to first-semester CADD courses.
- Proposal #28 from COT Computerized Machining Technology to condense and reduce credits for Computerized Machining Technology programs, inactivate BTC for CNC Programmer, add ALEKS Math pre-reqs to first-semester courses, delete MACH 0221, 0261, 0265. Contingent upon IDCTE & OSBE approval of State Proposal #2022-xx to inactivate the BTC for CNC Programmer, and Letter of Notification #2022-LON-xx for the program credit reductions.
- Proposal #52 from COT Cosmetology to add ALEKS Math prerequisites to first-semester COSM courses.
- Proposal #47 from COT Early Childhood Care and Education to add ALEKS Math prerequisites to first-semester CHLD courses.
- Proposal #14 as amended from COT ESTEC Industrial Cybersecurity Engineering Technology to expand the AAS program into an online Apprenticeship option, create new ESET 1182, CYBR 4498, update courses and curriculum. Contingent upon CTE and OSBE approval of State Proposal #2022-08 for the online AAS in Industrial Cybersecurity Engineering Technology Apprenticeship.
- Proposal #55 as amended from COT ESTEC to update courses and curriculum for the ITC in Energy Systems Technology; and the A.A.S. programs in Energy Systems Electrical Engineering Technology; Instrumentation Engineering Technology; Nuclear Operations Technology: Licensed Operator Concentration & Nuclear Facility Technician Concentration; and Industrial Controls. Will require notifying IDCTE and OSBE of program credit changes.
Proposal #16 from COT ESTEC and Trade & Industrial to discontinue the Advanced Automation & Mfg Technology program, AAS & ITC, ADMT courses. Contingent upon OSBE and CTE approval of State Proposal #2022-xx
- Proposal #61 from COT Health Information Technology to add ALEKS Math prerequisites to first-semester HIT courses, remove BIOL 1101 & 1101L prerequisites from HIT 0205, 0206, and 0209.
Proposal #31 from COT Health Occupations: Medical Assisting to change MA 0104 semester offering from Spring to Fall and add ALEKS Math prerequisite.
Proposal #38 from COT Health Occupations: Pharmacy Technology to create a new 26-credit Academic Certificate in Pharmacy Technology, move the program from College of Technology to College of Pharmacy, and once those are accomplished, to delete the BTC and ATC in Pharmacy Technology. Contingent upon OSBE and CTE approval of Letter of Notification #2022-LON-xx to create the Academic Certificate and move the program, and CTE Discontinuance Proposal #2022-xx to discontinue the Basic and Advanced Technical Certificates in Pharmacy Technology.
Proposal #32 from COT Health Occupations: Respiratory Therapy to create new RESP 3396 and RESP 3399, change semester course offerings and minor curriculum updates.
Proposal #20 from COT Information Technology Systems to add repeatability to ITS 0290, add ALEKS Math prerequisites to first-semester ITS courses, add ITS 0290 as option to curriculum for the AAS in Information Technology Systems and the ATC Computer Network Technician.
Proposal #27 from COT Law Enforcement to update curriculum for the AAS in Law Enforcement, and add ALEKS Math prerequisites to first-semester LAWE courses.
Proposal #13 as amended from COT Mechanical Engineering Technology to create new Basic and Intermediate Technical Certificates (BTC and ITC) in Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, update ESET courses and curriculum in the AAS in Mechanical Engineering Technology program, create new courses ESET 0117 & 0117L, ESET 0118 & 0118/L, ESET 0119 & 0119/L, and ESET 0245L. Contingent upon CTE and OSBE approval of State Proposal #2022-07 for the new BTC and ITC certificates.
Proposal #4 from COT Paralegal Studies to update curriculum for the AAS and BAS, and add ALEKS Math prerequisites to first-semester PARA courses.
Proposal #21 from COT Robotics & Communications Systems Engineering Technology to update RCET course prerequisites and add ALEKS Math prerequisites to first-semester courses.
Student Affairs, Student Success Center, and OTHER
^ AY2022-23 Change Memo #87 from the Registrar's Office with corrections for the AY2022-23 catalog identified during the catalog production process.
- Proposal #29 from GERC Gen Ed Requirements Committee to update the Gen Ed Program catalog page with all the changes to the Gen Ed program made on individual UCC and GERC proposals during this catalog cycle. GERC approved this proposal.