Our goal is to get you successfully into and through college, and onto a satisfying career!
Call (208)282-4245 to schedule an appointment.
Schedule an Advising Appointment
You can schedule an appintment with an advisor by calling (208) 282-4245.
Please be sure to indicate if you would like an appointment in our Pocatello or Idaho Falls offices.
Join the Program
Who is eligible?
- Students may be eligible for services if they meet at least one of the following criteria:
- First-generation college student: Neither of the student's parents has a bachelor's degree. If a parent has an associate degree, the student is eligible to receive TRIO services.
- Meet Limited Income Guidelines: The student's taxable income is at or below a scale set by the Department of Education's Federal TRIO Programs.
- Show an Academic Need: Test scores indicate an academic need or the student has not been in school for the past five consecutive years.
- Have served in active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces for more than 180 days and received other than a dishonorable discharge, or has 30 days or more active duty as a National Guard or Reserve Member.
If you have any questions about our program or the application process, our advisors are more than happy to help you!
TRIO Veterans is a federally funded program which assists veterans who are interested in pursuing a Technical Certificate, Associates degree, or a Bachelor’s degree at the college/university of their choice. TRIO Veterans staff support students with any aspect of their educational attainment free of charge.
Services are selected by the student and can include:
- Tutoring and academic support (math, English, sciences, and foreign language)
- Preparation for placement testing
- Career exploration and personal or career counseling
- Study strategies and time management
- Help with admissions and petitions
- Support with financial issues (VA benefits, FAFSA, personal finance)
Visit Our Offices
Pocatello-Idaho State University Office
790 Humbolt St.
Pocatello, ID 83209
Student Union Building-3rd Floor, Room 313
Idaho Falls-University Place Office
1784 Science Center Dr.
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
Tingey Administration Building, Room 230
Idaho Falls-College of Eastern Idaho Office
1600 S 25th East
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
Alexander D. Creek Building #5, Room 508
TRIO Veterans Program
921 S. 8th Avenue, Stop 8095
Pocatello, ID 83209
Idaho Falls Offices
ISU: (208) 282-7920
CEI: (208) 535-5459
TRIO Veterans Advisor/Counselor
Office: Office: Student Union Building 3rd Floor
TRIO Veterans Recruiter/Advisor
Office: Student Union Building 3rd Floor