Respiratory Therapists administer respiratory therapy care and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system. More specifically, you will be assessing patients, determining the most appropriate methods of therapies, setting up and operating equipment, monitoring the patient's response to various treatment modalities, performing pulmonary function testing, and assisting patients with breathing maneuvers.
The Idaho State University Respiratory Therapy Associate Degree program in Pocatello, Idaho is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care.
264 Precision Blvd.
Telford, TN 37690
CoARC Programmatic Outcomes Data
Graduates Employed or Continuing Education Four-Year Average
Idaho Median Income
National Median Income
- Program starts in August
- Pre-requisite courses and an application are required for admission into the program
- Program admits 15 students each year
- Program contains elements of on-line instruction, required face-to-face contact for clinical instruction and skills sign-off, and clinical experience rotations in a variety of work settings.
Associate of Science degree: Respiratory Therapy
- Course Sequence Associate of Science Degree: Respiratory Therapy (3 years)
- Course Sequence Associate of Science degree: Respiratory Therapy – Accelerated Track (2 years)
Bachelor of Science degree: Respiratory Therapy, non ISU A.S. or A.A.S.
The Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Care is a completion program for graduates of an associate degree in respiratory care (therapy) from a regionally accredited institution. Idaho State University graduates with an Associate of Science in Respiratory Therapy will complete 29 upper division credits to complete the Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Care. For students transferring from other institutions, transfer coursework will be evaluated course-by-course and credit deficits in general education, lower division, and upper division credits must be completed prior to acceptance to the program.
Course Sequence Bachelor Of Science - Respiratory Therapy (2 years)
Bachelor of Science in Health Science
Bachelor of Science in Health Science (4+ years)
For special application procedures contact CTech Student Services (208) 282-2622.
To prepare graduates with demonstrated competence in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains of respiratory care practice as performed by registered respiratory therapists (RRTs).
- Hospitals and doctor's offices
- Nursing care facilities
- Sleep labs
- Pulmonary function labs
- Home care
- Durable medical equipment companies
- Traveling Contracts
- Life Flight