Admission Process - Respiratory Therapy
The priority deadline for this application is February 15th every year for the cohort beginning the following Fall semester. Students must complete the following items to be considered:
- Prospective Student Assignment
- Respiratory Therapy Application
- Face to face interview is required before acceptance can be determined
A Background Check and Drug Screen are required for this program.
Students are encouraged to complete the following courses with a “C” grade or better before the Fall start:
- Introduction to Pathology (HO 0208)
- Anatomy & Physiology 1 (BIOL 2227/L or BIOL 3301/L)
- Anatomy & Physiology 2 (BIOL 2228/L or BIOL 3301/L)
- Introduction to General Chemistry or General Chemistry 1 (CHEM 1101 or CHEM 1111/L); or Nutrition (NTD 2239)
- Principles of Speech (COMM 1101)
- English Composition (ENGL 1101)
- Medical Terminology (HO 0106, HCA 2210, or HE 2210)
- Introduction of Psychology, Sociology, or Social Problems (PSYC 1101, SOC 1101, or SOC 1102)
Please note: There are additional General Education Objective requirements to complete the Associate of Science degree. If you have questions, contact Student Services regarding the prerequisites or General Education Objectives at (208) 282-2622.