Nick Taylor, BSRT, RRT, AE-C
Program Director of Respiratory Therapy
Office: Roy F. Christensen Building (RFC) | Room B1-7
Professional Work Experience:
- Joined ISU Respiratory Therapy Program in 2019
- Healthcare Industry – 22 years
- Durable Medical Equipment – 10 years
- Emergency Medical Technician - Initial certification 1997 (recert 2018)
- Respiratory Therapist (in Hospital) – 15 years
Certifications / Licenses:
- Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Certified Respiratory Therapist
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Certified Asthma Educator
- Nationally Registered EMT
- Basic Life Support
- Receiving the Lambda Beta Associate Member recognition when graduating from the Respiratory Program in 2005 – 2006 and again as a Faculty Member in 2020.
- The Lambda Beta Society (ΛΒ) is a national honor society sponsored and maintained by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). Membership requires the undergraduate student to be a student of respiratory care and be in the top 25 percentile of their class.
- Transitioning to a role in Teaching and providing Clinical Instruction to students and sharing the many experiences I’ve had over the years in this profession.
- Throughout my career, the promotion of the Respiratory Therapy profession has always been an important focus of mine. As a Program Director at Idaho State University, I feel I'm able to have a far greater reach and impact in promoting this extraordinary profession.
Personal Background & Interests:
I was born in the central valley of California and have lived in a total of 6 states. I am married with three children (all boys) and have two dogs (boys also). I enjoy the outdoors, which is one reason I chose to come here to Pocatello, Idaho. I have a great love for the mountains and learned to appreciate nature at a young age. What I like most about the outdoors are the activities such as camping, fishing, hiking, biking, and hunting. A little-known fact about me is that I'm pretty handy around the house and like building things. I have remodeled several homes over the years, and I have an appreciation for older home styles.
Eugene Demekhin, MBA, RRT, AHI(AMT)
Director of Clinical Education
Professional Work Experience:
- Healthcare Industry – 5 years
- Respiratory Therapist (In Trach Unit) – 2 years
- Teaching Experience – 2.5 years
Board Certifications / Licenses
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT)
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Allied Healthcare Instructor (AHI)
- Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP)
- Professional Healthcare Instructor (PHCI)
- Alumni member of the Lambda Beta Society- national honor society for respiratory care, 2018
- Scientific Chair, Utah State Society of American Medical Technologist (Utah- AMT); invited speaker at the AMT National Convention in Albuquerque, New Mexico, 2020
- Excellence in Teaching award for Spring 2020, Healthcare Occupations Department.
- Clinical Excellence Award, Respiratory Therapy Program, California College San Diego, 2017
I believe that teaching and training individuals in a health occupation field can make a positive impact into their lives so they can become competent healthcare professionals ready to serve the health needs of the community.
Personal background & Interests
I was born in the city of Odessa of southern Ukraine and moved to America in San Diego, California when I was about 3 years old. I moved to Salt Lake City, Utah in 2018. I enjoy exercising at the gym, writing poetry from time to time, and bowling. I moved to Pocatello, Idaho in early 2020. I like my teaching job at ISU. I am interested to explore this state to learn more about it and to discover what life has to offer. I also plan to make a family here in the coming years. I originally came from an area of dense population and traffic so it’s very refreshing to live in a smaller town where the roads are less congested. One of my meaningful experiences has been helping students review and pass their national board exams and helping them get employed to start their career. I find personal and professional fulfillment in my current work at ISU.