Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate the ability to comprehend, apply, and evaluate clinical information relative to their role as a respiratory therapist.
- Demonstrate the technical and clinical proficiency in all the skills necessary to fulfill the role as a respiratory therapist.
- Demonstrate professional behavior consistent with employer and industry expectations for respiratory therapists.
- Apply the skills necessary to assemble, maintain, troubleshoot and perform quality control of specific respiratory therapy devices.
- Demonstrate the ability to modify the respiratory care plan of patients based on information gathered from clinical and laboratory assessment and the patient’s response to therapy.
- Demonstrate their knowledge and comprehension of patient safety and infection control protocols as they relate to patient care and equipment processing.
- Show understanding of the ethical obligations and responsibilities as a healthcare professional.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills as consultants to physicians and other health care personnel in developing and implementing clinical respiratory care strategies.