Out of an abundance of caution and as the university deals with the evolving COVID-19 situation, StrengthsFinder sessions will be postponed until further notice. Please email email@example.com if you have questions.
We are excited to announce that we will be offering monthly, four-hour “Introduction to StrengthsFinder” sessions starting in 2020! These introductory sessions will allow individuals to:
- Unlock their Top 5 CliftonStrengths talent themes
- Learn about the assessment tool
- Begin to explore how to grow and develop their strengths
- Explore the basics of building strengths-based teams
What is a Strength?
We find Talents to be the naturally recurring pattern of thought, feeling, or behavior that can be productively applied. It’s how we process information, interact with people and see/understand the world. From there, a Strength is the development of talent by the cultivation of knowledge, skills, and experience related to a talent.
How Can This Help You?
Strengths-based institutions in Higher Education are able to support employees in the following ways:
- Faculty - best leveraging your individual talents in teaching, research, and service to further innovation and scholarship in their disciplines.
- Staff - identify and develop to maximum potential, leveraging personal strengths to achieve work outcomes, feel engaged, supported, and productive.
- Leadership - understand individual contributions of team members focusing on what they do best, and helping them develop to reach their potential. Additionally, leaders can grow into their own authentic leadership style, leveraging their personal talents to build an environment of trust, compassion, stability, and hope.
- Students - strengths focus supports all aspects of students’ well-being, helping them to explore the connection between their educational pursuits, and areas where they excel as individuals.
Idaho State University has chosen the StrengthsFinder assessment to help employees identify and build upon their strengths. This tool gives employees the opportunity to develop strengths by building on their greatest talents -- the way in which they most naturally think, feel, and behave as unique individuals.
Additionally, those individuals who attend a full “Introduction to Strengths” session will be gifted an individualized nameplate to keep at their desk. This will allow them to keep their Top 5 at the forefront of their minds as their strengths are developed. This also allows co-workers to easily glimpse on another's strengths and know how to more effectively communicate with their individual team members.
There is no cost for ISU faculty and staff to attend this workshop. Assessments, workshop materials, instruction, and tools will be included free of charge. We look forward to using the StrengthsFinder assessment tool now and in the future to improve the lives of our employees by learning how to leverage their individual strengths.
To see upcoming dates for an "Introduction to Strengths" session, please CLICK HERE TO REGISTER. Spaces are limited and granted on a first come first-served basis.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.