Barbering Secondary Licensing
Unlock new opportunities in the world of barbering with our comprehensive Secondary License in Barbering Course.
This 100-hour program is specifically designed for licensed and experienced cosmetologists who wish to expand their skill set and specialize in straight razor shaving, male grooming, and board preparation for theory and practical examinations.
Please note that this course does not focus on haircutting techniques. Instead, it centers around three primary goals:
- Safety and Sanitation with Straight Razor: Master the art of performing straight razor shaves with precision and maintain the highest standards of safety and sanitation.
- Theory Exam Preparation: Acquire the necessary knowledge and understanding to excel in the theory portion of the state barbering board exams.
- Practical Exam Preparation: Develop hands-on proficiency and confidence in the practical aspects of barbering to excel in the practical portion of the state barbering board exams.
- Hold a valid Idaho Cosmetology License.
- Demonstrate proficiency in men's hair cutting.
- Understand that this course focuses on the above three goals and does not cover hair cutting techniques.
By enrolling in our Secondary License in Barbering Course, you'll gain the specialized skills and knowledge needed to excel in the field of barbering, expanding your career opportunities and satisfying the growing demand for male grooming experts.
- Program is offered every summer in the first 8-week session
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 7:30 – 4:30
- 100 Hours
Books and Supplies
You will need to purchase and bring on the first day:
Milady Standard Barbering - 6th edition
Textbook - ISBN: 9781305100558
Workbook - ISBN: 9781305100664
Exam Review - ISBN: 9781305100671
- Straight edge razor kit
- Hot lather bowl
- Vinyl Kiddie Capes
- Clipper Guards
- Spray Bottle
- Large Clear Tote No Larger than 30” x 30”
Class Fee: $150.00 (Includes a male mannequin, and all the back-bar products you will use)
Grand Total: $1,356.00