Cosmetologists perform a variety of beauty services which cover all phases of the beauty culture such as manicuring, shampooing, hair styling, make-up application, temporary and permanent hair waving, hair straightening, bleaching and tinting, and various skin and scalp treatments. Cosmetologists often specialize in any one or more of these services. The art of hairstyling is no longer the major activity in the cosmetology industry. It has grown to be an increasingly complex and artistic profession. Strong human relations skills and the ability to communicate with people are of major importance.
Aptitudes and Interests: Good hand, finger and eye dexterity combined with artistic and creative skills enhance the ability to succeed in this field. Communication and human relation skills are also invaluable.
Graduates Employed or Continuing Education Five-Year Average
Idaho Median Income
National Median Income
- Program accepts students in August and January
- Typical classroom hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Program admits 20 students each year
- Program has a mandatory summer session
Cosmetology Advanced Technical Certificate (1.5 years)
Nail Technology Basic Technical Certificate (.5 year)
- Summer early 8 Weeks
- *Must hold current Idaho Cosmetology License
- Salon ownership
- Beauty salons and spas
- Platform artists for companies
- Makeup artists
- Teaching as a State licensed Instructor
Minimum Test Scores
|SAT||English: 360||Math: 360|
|ACT||English: 14||Math: 12|