Center for New Directions
Center for New Directions serves College of Technology students and community members. All services are available at no charge and are confidential.
- All services are free and confidential
- Short-term career counseling (up to 12 sessions)
- Open to students and community members with a work or school goal
- Counseling services provided by licensed counselors
- Appointments available day and evening
- Walk-in hours are Monday through Friday, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Student Support Services
- Specialized career counseling for nontraditional occupations and single parent students
- Nontraditional occupation student scholarships
- Single parent scholarships
- New student backpack scholarship
- Networking opportunities with students, staff, and faculty
- Resource referrals
- Strong Interest Inventory (SII)
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Life Values Inventory
- Career Information System (CIS)
Planting the STEM Seed
Professional Development for elementary and middle school teachers and counselors
- Learn how to encourage STEM career identity development in classroom and school settings
- Explore Career and Technical Education and how teaching influences traditional vs. nontraditional career choices
- Earn one professional development credit
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Daily Walk-ins: 3:00 p.m.
Evening appointments available