Hello ISU Staff Members,
The Staff Council Election committee wants you to know that there is still time to nominate yourself or a colleague for a constituent group on Staff Council. We also want you to know that there is a high demand for nominations in some of the following groups, so help us get the word out for staff members to run for a position on Staff Council and nominate away, everyone:
Group I: Academic Affairs-Research & Division of Health Science will have two vacancies to fill and is in need of more nominations in this group.
Group II: Student Affairs will have one vacancy to fill and is in need of more nominations in this group.
Group III: Finance & Administration will have three vacancies to fill and is need of more (no seriously more) nominations in this group.
Group IV: Athletics-University Advancement-President Administration have overwhelming numbers of nominations.
Group V: Administrative & Executive Professional-Technical/Paraprofessional will have one vacancy to fill and is need of more nominations.
Group VI: Clerical and Secretarial have overwhelming numbers of nominations.
Group VII: Service & Maintenance-Skilled Crafts will have five vacancies to fill and is in need of more (no seriously more) nominations in this group.
Again, if you would like to nominate a colleague/co-worker or yourself, please send an email to the Staff Council email address (email@example.com) with the name, work title, phone and email information of the nominee and the election committee will extend an invitation to the individual to accept the nomination and what additional information will need to be submitted to be placed on the upcoming ballot.
On behalf of our president Mia Benkenstein, president-elect Julie VanLeuven, and past-president Dr. James Yizar and the executive committee, we look forward to having you serve on Staff Council and representing staff employees at ISU.
Dr. James Yizar, 2017/18 Past President and Election Committee Chair
If you've been nominated or are thinking of self-nominating, check out the Information for Ballot Profiles you'll need to submit so we have a bio for voters.
- Free Staff Movie Night: Black Panther. Join us April 25th, 7pm, at the Bengal Theater for a free movie for faculty, staff, and their families!
Idaho Falls Social
11:30-12:30pm, May 9th
Twin Falls Social
11:30-12:30pm, May 16th
- Visit the events calendar at http://www2.isu.edu/calendar/ to see a list of other university events.
- The winner of the Employee Luncheon Split the Pot raffle was Denise Hopster-Scott! Thank you to everyone who participated and helped the scholarship for staff members' children grow!
- Feedback is being requested for the following policies under review: Emergency Management Policy ISUPP 9010, Unmanned Aircraft ISUPP 9020, and Compensation in Excess of Base Salary ISUPP 7020. Comments must be submitted by April 29th for the first two policies and May 4th for the third. Comments need to include your name, organization, and department. Policies can be viewed at isu.edu/ogc/isupp-policies-under-review/
Due to recent inquiry, we would like to post information from the Idaho Public Employees Association:
"The Idaho Public Employees Association (IPEA) is a non-profit membership driven organization representing active and retired members from every department in state government, and every local governmental and public education entity in the State of Idaho."
"IPEA will protect, negotiate, and advocate for the members' rights in their workplace and in their retirement. IPEA will provide a strong and balanced voice in the legislature to enhance the rights, policies and benefits of our members."For more information, visit http://www.ipeaonline.org/
- Check the Staff Council webpage on a regular basis to keep you informed and remember you can contact your Staff Council representative to get additional information. Also, don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
- February 2018
- Letter of Disapproval to SBOE: Presidential Search Committee
- September 2017
- August 2017
- May 1, 2017
- April 24, 2017
- April 17, 2017
- April 10, 2017
- April 3, 2017
- March 27, 2017
- March 6, 2017
- February 28, 2017
- February 21, 2017
- February 13, 2017
- February 6, 2017
- January 30, 2017
- January 22, 2017
- December 13, 2016
- December 6, 2016
- November 29, 2016
- November 15, 2016
- November 1, 2016
- October 18, 2016
- October 11, 2016
- October 4, 2016
- September 27, 2016
- September 20, 2016
- September 13, 2016
- September 6, 2016
- August 29, 2016