Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in areas of science relevant to the role of pharmacy technology including anatomy/physiology and pharmacology.
- Demonstrate understanding of the role of the pharmacy technician in the medication use process.
- Assist pharmacists in gathering and organizing demographic and clinical information for direct patient care and medication use review.
- Receive and screen prescription medication orders for completeness, accuracy, and authenticity.
- Under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, prepare and distribute medications following specified procedures.
- Prepare special medication requiring compounding.
- Accurately label all medications being dispensed.
- Explain pharmacy reimbursement plans and insurance coverage for medications to customers.
- Initiate billing and collect payment for pharmacy services.
- Apply accepted procedures in inventory control of medications and equipment.
- Maintain pharmacy facilities and equipment.