KDHS Research and Scholarship Day
KDHS Research and Scholarship Grant Applications
The Kasiska Division of Health Sciences (KDHS) Research and Scholarship Grants are provided through the KDHS Research and Scholarship Day Committee. These grants are an opportunity for graduate and undergraduate students who are participating in research to receive support for their research endeavors.
Each individual grant award will be up to a $650 award for research-related expenses. The KDHS Research and Scholarship Grant Applications must be submitted by October 15th at 11:59 p.m. MST. Awards will be reviewed by the KDHS Research and Scholarship Day Committee. Grant awardees will be announced after November 1st.
Grant funding is awarded to utilize within a 2-year period. At the completion of the research, the grant awardee will be required to participate in an oral presentation at the KDHS Research and Scholarship Day event within the academic year of completion of research. If the grant is awarded for a 2-year period, the grant awardee is to complete a check-in form, due by January 25th of each spring semester, that will update the KDHS Research and Scholarship Committee on progress of research and timeframe for intended completion of the proposed research.
All students within a KDHS program are eligible to apply for the KDHS Research and Scholarship Grant. Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply as the Primary Investigator. Grant applications will be reviewed for all areas of research, including quantitative research, qualitative research and comprehensive literature reviews.
Grant funding will support the following:
- Journals subscriptions and/or other text-based material needed for the research
- Domestic and/or international travel and other related expenses
- Expenses NOT included are: indirect costs, administrative expenses, researcher and/or team member time
The following questions will need to be answered in the KDHS Research and Scholarship Grant Application:
- Is the research project described in this grant application new or existing research?
- Provide a general description of the research (including purpose and discussion of plans for development and dissemination)
- Describe how this research will benefit your field of study.
- What is the total amount of funding being requested in this grant?
- How long is the grant being requested for?
- Provide a detailed description of the funding needs for this research. Be specific in details.
- Describe how the grant money will be used to support the development or continuance of the research. Be specific in details.
Questions regarding the grant information or the grant application can be directed to the KDHS Research and Scholarship Day Committee Grant Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information About Research and Scholarship Day:
Pocatello: Karissa Miller, email@example.com
Meridian: Mary Van Donsel, firstname.lastname@example.org