The EHSS Department is comprised of conscientious and caring individuals who actively promote a positive safety culture across ISU's campuses. EHSS staff assist students and employees in achieving their goals by delivering safety assistance, technical expertise, and compliance guidance with a customer-focused mindset. We strive to keep our ISU community safe.
EHSS is currently seeking like-minded individuals to join our dedicated EHSS Team.
Occupational Safety Student Technician
The Environmental Health and Safety Department (EHS) is seeking to hire a 10 - 20 hour per week Occupational Safety Technician. This is an opportunity to gain valuable experience and training in the environmental/occupational health and safety field.
- Calibration of EHS equipment for monitoring health hazards.
- Assist with exposure monitoring and health hazard evaluations.
- Provide respirator fit testing.
- Maintain EHS inventory of monitoring equipment and personal protective equipment.
- Test chemical safety equipment (hoods, eyewash stations, showers, etc).
- Complete other environmental health & safety duties as assigned.