Skip to Main Content
Idaho State University home
FAQ Top Bar with Albion logo

Professional Development FAQ

Is Idaho State University an accredited university? 
Yes! ISU is accredited through the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).

Are professional development courses graduate level?
Professional development credits are graduate level, non-degree, semester credits typically offered to educators to acquire skills and knowledge for the purpose of certification renewal and salary advancement. These credits are equivalent to 15 clock hours or .5 semester hours (in states where semester hours require 30 contact hours) or 15 PDPs/PDUs or 1.5 CEUs/15 OPI renewal units.

Do I need to be admitted as a student at Idaho State University?
No. Our courses do not count towards a degree.

What is the cost for professional development courses?
Our professional development courses are offered at $55/credit.

Is there a limit on how many credits I can earn?
There is no limit to the number of credits you can take in a semester.

How do I request a transcript?
To request a transcript, please visit our Transcript Request page.

How will I know what grade I received?
You will need to obtain a transcript to verify what grade was posted by the instructor. We use a (S) Satisfactory (U) Unsatisfactory grading system. Grades are final once posted on your transcript. No credits are awarded for any course in which a U (unsatisfactory) is earned.

Is there a limit to how soon I can submit an online course for grading? 
We require you to be enrolled in the course for two weeks before the course is completed. We will not grade a course before this two weeks has passed. Upon completion of the course, please give us 1 week to submit your grades. You can then Request a Transcript at no cost. 

Will I receive an IRS 1098-T form? 
Professional Development Courses do not qualify for Form 1098-T because these graduate-level, non-degree, semester credit courses are not applicable towards a degree.

What is your refund policy? 
We are unable to offer refunds. Please check with your state/district to ensure that they will accept our credits before you register and pay.