The mission of Disability Services (DS) is to increase equal access and opportunities to all programs and services sponsored or funded by Idaho State University. DS is dedicated to creating an accessible environment for students, employees, and community members with disabilities. In achieving this, DS:
- Works collaboratively with University Partners to foster a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive University community.
- Collaborates with and empowers individuals who have documented disabilities by working together proactively to determine reasonable accommodation(s).
- Promotes a culture of self-advocacy, responsibility, and agency.
- Ensures compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) and other current legislation.
- Readily responds to grievances and advances inclusion through the removal of identified informational, physical, and/or attitudinal barriers.
- Advocates for Universal Design (UD) as a crucial framework to support the diverse needs of students, faculty, staff, and community members.
- Develops partnerships with external community members/groups to support the advancement of equity and inclusion at the local, state, and national levels.
- Provides institution-wide advisement, consultation, and training on disability-related topics, including but not limited to: legal and regulatory compliance and universal design.