Master of Science in Athletic Training
Join the exciting career of Athletic Training! Become a certified athletic trainer in this rapidly growing profession. Growth in this field is projected to be 21% over the next decade for these allied health care providers who provide injury prevention, recognition, treatment, and rehabilitation in sport. The Master of Science in Athletic Training is specifically designed for students who possess a bachelor’s degree in allied health or exercise science area. You will experience clinical rotations with Division I FCS ISU athletic teams, high school athletics, sports medicine/physical therapy clinics, and physician’s offices. With opportunities to work with other health care professionals at marathons, triathlons, The Simplot Games, and youth football, you will be a well-prepared athletic trainer.
Program Mission Statement
The Professional Master of Science in Athletic Training at Idaho State University has been designed to:
- Develop competent athletic training students who qualify to sit for the Board of Certification (BOC) examination.
- Teach ethical reasoning abilities and interpersonal skills to students that will work with the physically active population.
- Teach the basic knowledge required to be successful in the field of athletic training through didactic and clinical course work.
- Produce clinicians who display sound decision-making and good judgments through critical thinking and analysis of salient facts.
- Encourage students to assume a leadership role in their professional careers.
The Athletic Training Program (ATP) earned initial accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Programs (CAATE) in January 2015. It recently received 10-year reaccreditation status with the next comprehensive review occurring during the 2029-2030 academic year.
6850 Austin Center Blvd., Suite 100
Austin, TX 78731-3184
TOLL FREE:844-GO-CAATE (844-462-2283)
Most states require credentialing of athletic trainers. Each state has different requirements to qualify. ATSs will meet the qualifications for Idaho certification upon graduation from Idaho State University and for sitting for the BOC exam, but must apply for this on their own.
Licensure disclosure for all states can be found at https://www.isu.edu/academicaffairs/program-information/licensure-disclosure/.