Student Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the basics of metallurgy and welding theory as it applies to ASME, API, and AWS quality welding codes.
- Understand and demonstrate basic mechanical drawing principles to include geometric construction, isometric, and orthographic drawing in relation to pattern development and print reading.
- Demonstrate proficiency in AWS plate welding tests using SMAW, GMAW, and FCAW.
- Demonstrate proficiency in ASME pipe welding using SMAW, GTAW, and orbital GTAW.
- Understand and interpret welding symbols, read blueprints, and be able to fabricate from industry standard prints.
- Apply pipefitting skills to fabricate projects, field construction, and verification or working drawings.
- Understand and apply math skills to blueprint reading, estimating, and trade related problem solving.
- Recognize good work habits, welding techniques and develop employability skills.
- Develop communication skills (verbal and written) to prepare for leadership positions in industry.