Veteran To Nurse Program
About The Program
- The Veteran to Nurse program cohort option is an extension of the already-existing Practical Nursing program within the College of Technology. This program recognizes and awards credit for previous healthcare knowledge and experience gained by military veterans, and offers a veteran-friendly cohort-based bridge curriculum that will accelerate a veteran’s progress to a nursing credential.
- Following a comprehensive assessment and advising process, veterans will be placed into variable credit courses. These courses will augment the veterans’ healthcare training and experience in five areas of nursing practice. After completing the program, veterans will receive an ATC (Advanced Technical Certificate) in Practical Nursing and be eligible to sit for the NCLEX-PN exam.
- Students are admitted each semester.
- The Vet to Nurse option will include on-line learning and face-to-face lab and clinical experiences.
Practical Nursing - Veteran Intermediate Technical Certificate (1.5 years)
- Course Sequence Intermediate Technical Certificate: Veteran to Nurse
- Program Costs
- Prior Military Health Care Service - Current Health Care Provider CPR card (AHA or Red Cross only).
- Prerequisites courses or their equivalents must be completed prior to the start of the program.
Career Ladder Possibilities
- Must be a U.S. Military Veteran with medic or corpsmen training and experience.
- Experience will be assessed on an individual basis.
Minimum Test Scores
|SAT||English: 360||Math: 360|
|ACT||English: 14||Math: 14|
Idaho State University is an Equal Opportunity institution Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.