Practical Nursing – Traditional Option
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Communicate and document accurate information about patients in a concise and clear manner.
- Utilize therapeutic communication skills when interacting with patients and their families.
- Collaborate with patients, families and health care personnel to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Integrate evidence-based data that guides or leads to best practice and quality improvement.
- Apply the steps of the nursing process in a competent and caring manner to safely meet the holistic needs of patients across the lifespan in a variety of health care settings.
- Provide care that reflects the professional practice standards including ethical and legal parameters.
- Demonstrate cultural awareness and respect for persons when working with all populations in the healthcare environment.
- Provide and manage care through the safe and efficient use of human, physical, financial, and technical resources to meet patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate professional accountability through identification of learning needs and ongoing professional development.
- Apply principles of teaching and learning to advocate for and empower patients and families to effectively participate in healthcare decisions and health maintenance.
- Demonstrate patient-centered prioritization of nursing actions and delegates tasks to appropriate members of the health care team.