Find Your Future Here!
As a student in the Bachelor of Science in Outdoor Education program, you will have the opportunity to explore the outdoors by learning technical, hands-on skills related to outdoor activities and industries. Upon completion of the program, candidates will have the educational background to work for the forest service, national and state parks, city and military recreation programs, land management agencies, fish and game departments, outdoor guide services, and the many opportunities available in the outdoor equipment industry.
Outdoor education marketable skills include:
- Analytic skills
- Computer-based skills
- Demonstration and managerial skills
- Human relationship building
- Knowledge of health and wellness skills
- Instructional and leadership skills
- Leave No Trace Certified
- Wilderness First Aid and CPR Certified
- Written and verbal communication
Idaho State University Admissions Process
For Undergraduate Students:
Create an account with Idaho State University
Materials needed include:
Transcripts or GED
Official ACT or SAT scores
$50 application fee
(waived for graduates of Idaho high schools)
For Transfer Students:
Must have a 2.0 or better cumulative GPA in fourteen (14) or more credit hours to apply.
- Fill out the application
- $50 application fee (waived for graduates of Idaho high schools)
- Submit final official transcript(s) from each college attended. If currently attending, in-progress transcripts are accepted, but a final official transcript must be sent upon completion of coursework.
ISU Course Catalog
Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree in Outdoor Education could be qualified for the following types of positions:
- Adaptive Outdoor Programs
- Bureau of Land Management
- Camp Counselor
- City Parks and Recreation
- Commercial Guide Services
- Fish and Game
- Morale Welfare Recreation- Military
- National Park Service
- United States Forest Service
- Outdoor Equipment Manufacturing
- Outdoor Recreation Management
- Sporting Goods Retail
- Wilderness Therapy
- Youth Programs Manager
Outdoor Adventure Center
If you love to play in the outdoors, or are interested in doing so, you’ve come to the right place. Idaho State University is a university-based, outdoor education and recreation program offering outdoor recreation adventure trips, classes and workshops, and outdoor informational services. Rock climbing, white water rafting, mountain biking, xc skiing and snowshoeing, backpacking, and stand up paddle boarding are just a few of the activities you could try at the Outdoor Adventure Center.
Follow the ISU Outdoor Adventure Center on social media!