HCA Program Goals / Objectives & Student Learning Outcomes
- Goal 1: Education - Provide a high quality educational experience for HCA and other health professions students.
- Comprehend industry structure, organizations, and reimbursement systems
- Leverage practical educational experiences and interaction among students, alumni, and mentors throughout the region
- Maintain AUPHA certification
- Recruit and retain high quality faculty
- Recruit and admit high quality and diverse student group
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with community healthcare leaders/providers
- Provide high quality student advising and career counseling
- Collaborate with other ISU programs and colleges to organize and deliver high quality healthcare leadership programs and courses
- Goal 2: Scholarship - Promote an environment that supports learning and discovery through various forms of Scholarship
- Undergraduate faculty to publish at least one (1) scholarly / peer-reviewed work annually
- Undergraduate faculty to present scholarship at national / regional meetings at least once (1) per year
- Faculty to initiate and respond to invited speeches / presentations
- Goal 3: Service - Demonstrate consummate professionalism by providing consequential service to the HCA Program, University, and profession.
- Provide leadership and service to HCA program initiatives
- Provide leadership and service to university-based committees / initiatives
- Provide leadership and service to health related national/regional/local initiatives
HCA Program Student Learning Outcomes
- 1. Ensure that HCA students develop an in-depth understanding of the healthcare industry.
- 2. Ensure that HCA students develop administrative, technical, problem-solving, conceptual, and human relations knowledge and skills that provide a foundation for effective leadership in the healthcare field.
- 3. Ensure HCA students become well educated, productive citizens.
These student learning outcomes are further articulated in the various HCA program competencies. These competencies include the broad areas of (1) communication and relationship management, (2) leadership, (3) professionalism, (4) knowledge of the healthcare environment, and (5) business skills and knowledge.
HCA Program Internship Information
Download the Internship Information Sheet