Early Childhood Care & Education
Early childhood care and education providers are responsible for meeting the specific needs of a group of children by nurturing their physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development.
- They create environments that are healthy, respectful, supportive, and challenging for all children.
- They develop respectful, reciprocal relationships with families and involve families in their children's learning.
- They use effective assessment strategies in a responsible way to positively influence children's development and learning by designing, implementing, and evaluating meaningful curriculum.
Early childhood care and education providers advocate for children and conduct themselves as members of the early childhood profession by upholding ethical and professional standards.
Graduates Employed or Continuing Education Five-Year Average
Idaho Median Income
National Median Income
- Program begins in August
- Program admits 20 students each year
- Scholarships for this program are available through IdahoSTARS.
- The A.A.S. Early Childhood Care and Education program is accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Early Childhood Higher Education Programs of the National Association for the Education of Young Children, www.naeyc.org. The accreditation term runs from July 2017 through July 2024.
Certificates & Degrees
Early Childhood Care and Education Associate of Applied Science (2 years)
- Course Sequence - Associate of Applied Science Degree: Early Childhood Care and Education
Early Childhood Care and Education Intermediate Technical Certificate (1 year)
- Course Sequence - Intermediate Technical Certificate: Early Childhood Care and Education
Early Childhood Care and Education Basic Technical Certificate (1 year)
- Course Sequence - Basic Technical Certificate: Early Childhood Care and Education
- The Basic Technical Certificate is not eligible for Federal Financial Aid
Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education (2+2 years)
Bachelor of Applied Science Early Childhood Care and Education (4+ years)
- Child care centers
- Head Start and early start programs
- Government and educational services
- Amusement and recreation industries
- Self employment
- Civic and social organizations
Minimum Test Scores
|SAT||English: 360||Math: 310|
|ACT||English: 14||Math: 12|