Civil Engineering Technology
Graduates of the Civil Engineering Technology program will:
- Obtain gainful employment as professional Surveying Technicians, Drafters, Laboratory Technicians, or Field Testing Technicians in a Civil Engineering-related field.
- Perform land and construction surveying tasks using current surveying instruments and technologies and computer-aided drafting systems for various land and construction surveying projects.
- Perform testing and inspection tasks in the laboratory and in the field of various construction materials and operations to evaluate compliance with project plans and specifications.
Graduates of the Civil Engineering Technology program will have the following learned capabilities:
- an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature
- an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results; and
- an ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team.
Annual Enrollment and Graduation Data
* Enrollments: Number of students majoring in the program enrolled in the fall semester of the academic year.
Graduates: Number of students awarded a degree during the academic year.