Swim Lessons & Youth Programs
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) and to order to protect the health of our university and community, Idaho State has decided to cancel all events for the remainder of the semester
These cancellations include private and group swim lessons.
For those of you enrolled in Spring Session 2 group lessons, you may receive a refund or a credit towards future lessons.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. 208-282-4854 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Private Swim Lessons - Cancelled for the remainder of Spring 2020 semester.
Cost: $15/half hour, $30/hour
Call aquatics director Karen Homstad (208) 282-6152 or fill out this form to get on the waitlist
Lessons limited by instructor availability
Lessons typically held during "combo swim" hours
Children's Small Group Swim Lessons - Spring 2020
Session Dates & Class Times
Spring Session One
February 8, 15, 22, 29
Optional bonus/makeup class March 14
Spring Session Two
2020 Summer Swim Programs - TBA
Small Group Swim Lessons for Kids
Children’s small group lessons are offered Monday through Thursday mornings in two week (8 lessons) sessions.
Levels 1, 2, 3
9:40-10:25am This class time offered in July only
Baby & Me
9:25-9:55am offered Session 1 only
Levels 1-3, Baby & Me
Includes eight (8) 30-minute classes
ISU affiliates... $40/child per session
Public............. $50/child per session
Level 4 or Advanced Levels
Includes eight (8) 45-60 minute classes
ISU affiliates... $60/child per session
Public............. $75/child per session
Teen Swim & Jr. Lifeguard Camps
- These camps are for teens, ages 12-16, who want to improve their swimming ability and start learning lifeguard skills.
- Participants must be comfortable in deep water, but no prerequisite swimming skills required.
- Each camp offers 12 hours (8 class dates x 1.5 hours) of instruction with about 45 minutes swim training and 45 minutes lifeguard & aquatic safety skills.
June Camp Dates
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 2:30-4:00pm
July Camp Dates
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 2:30-4:00pm
- $99 per camp for ISU affiliates
- $119 per camp for the public
- Includes course materials & tshirt
- 50% discount on the second camp if you register for both camps
Bengal Buddies Summer Swim Team
This training is those ready to increase their swimming endurance and learn the basics of the 4 Olympic strokes, starts, and turns. Ages 5-17.
Date, Practice Times, and Competition
- 10&U 2-2:45pm
- 11&Over 3-4pm
- No classes the week of July 4th
- Two optional, fun-only competitions TBA; swimmers will not need to have the USA Swimming membership to compete in our Rec League meets
- $99 for the summer for ISU affiliates
- $119 for the summer for the public
- Includes tshirt and swim cap
- Comfort in deep water
- Able to attain back float independently anywhere in the pool required.
- Able to swim 25 yards with rhythmic breathing
What do I need to participate?
- A swim suit: For the ladies, you need a SWIM suit--not a “bathing suit,” not a sitting-around-looking-cute suit. It should be a one piece swim that stays put when pushing off the wall or motoring through the pool. For the guys, trunks or shorts are fine to start—as long as they stay put when you push off the wall or get motoring. Guys may want a practice “jammer” type suit. Jammers are much better for non-recreational, swim team swimming than baggy bloomer trunks.
- Goggles: ISU loan and sell, if you don’t have good goggles and/or don’t know what to buy.
- Swim Cap (Optional): If you have long hair, you’ll need a swim cap—which is still optional but practical unless you have epic French braiding skills. Swimmers will get a team cap for free when they join.
Campus Recreation Office
SRC, Room 360