We offer over 100,000 square feet of recreational facilities for students and members. They include the Student Recreation Center addition, opened in 2010, which is connected on the south-east side of Reed Gym.
- Large multi-purpose recreation room
- Cardio machines
- Free-weight and weight machine areas
- Multi-purpose basketball courts
- Climbing wall
- Indoor and outdoor tennis courts
- Racquetball Courts
- Two-lane indoor track
- Indoor swimming pool
- Lounge and lobby areas
- Pro-shop and equipment checkout
- Locker rentals
- Functional Fitness Space
Many of the spaces in Campus Recreation are available to rent for groups or events.
Contact Jessica Young (208) 282-3494, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on group rates and availability.
Specific inquiries for the climbing wall can be directed to Justin Dayley (208) 282-3912, email@example.com. We are currently not scheduling outside groups for the Climbing Wall.
Fitness & Gym Areas
The Student Recreation Center includes a variety of options for a wide range of recreation and physical activities.
- Cardio Area, featuring stationary bikes, rowers, steppers, ellipticals, and treadmills
- Free Weight Area
- Weight Machine Area, featuring Hoist Roc-It Selectorized machines
- Racquetball Courts 5-6 Free Weight Area
- Basketball Courts, including 3 indoor courts for basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer and badminton
Our pool is located in Reed Gym and is available for use to all faculty, staff, and students. It is 6 lanes, 25 yards.
There is a viewing area located on the 2nd floor, and locker rooms are available on either side of the pool.
- Lap and fitness swimming only; no recreational swimming permitted at this time
- Usage restricted to one person per lane, with exceptions for family and household members
- Please take a cleansing shower with soap before entering the water
Swimming Pool Operations
- Swimming pool patrons must maintain six feet of distance between each other at the pool.
- The pool check-in area has floor markers to keep patrons six feet apart at all times.
- Lane space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis; no reservations will be taken. If necessary, lane use may be restricted to 30 minutes per person.
- To limit time in the locker rooms and showers, patrons should consider wearing their suit to and from the pool; arriving as close as possible to when activity begins; and showering at home after pool use.
- ISU does have a face covering mandate.
- This includes wearing a mask in the locker room and on deck; however, patrons are not expected to wear masks while swimming.
- Patrons are encouraged to utilize their own face coverings, but disposable masks are available at the Student Rec Center front desk or pool check-in desk for those who do not have a personal face covering.
Fall Lap Swim Hours
Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri
6-8am, 11am-1pm, 4-6pm
6-8am, 11am-1pm, 3-5pm
Saturday & Sunday
Combo Swim 1/2 Lap, 1/2 Open
Starting Monday, October 19, 2020 reservations will be required for the Climbing Wall
Campus Recreation will limit indoor climbing wall use to no more than 20 people at a time. This change is in response to ISU’s recent adoption of enhanced COVID-related safety guidelines. A reservation is required for each person. No groups will be accepted unless space is available.
Reservations are easy: click the link below to be directed to our reservations page. Follow prompts, choose an open time slot, enter your name, email, and phone number. You will receive a confirmation email with your reservation details.
Reserve 90 minutes of climbing up to 6 days in advance and up to an hour prior to reservation start time. Reserving two times slots in a single day is prohibited. Please make sure if you are climbing with a friend, they have reserved a spot as well. If you are 10 minutes late for your reserved time, your reservation will be canceled.
|Monday - Thursday||6:00—7:30 pm & 7:30—9:00 pm|
|Friday||4:00—5:30 pm & 5:30—7:00 pm|
|Saturday||1:00—2:30 pm & 3:00—4:30 pm|
We thank the ISU climbing and recreational communities for helping keep our campus spaces safe.
Our climbing wall has 5,500 square feet of climbable space making it the most expansive wall in the regional area and one of the largest at any university. It was designed by Scott Vail of Nampa. Specific inquiries for the climbing wall can be directed to Justin Dayley at (208) 282-3912. We are currently not scheduling outside groups for the climbing wall.
A fee is charged for non-student use of the facility.
Fall Climbing Wall Hours
Climbing Wall Features
- is 125 feet wide
- is 35 feet high
- has a 25-foot horizontal roof overhang
- has 5,500 square feet of climbing surface
- includes 20,000 feet (4 miles) of metal tubing make up the interior frame
- has 3,000 holds from 9 different manufactures
- features 19 top-rope stations, 17 lead climbing routes, and 4 rappel stations
The indoor track that runs around the Tennis Center is two lanes wide, with 7.5 laps per mile.
The Tennis Center in the Student Recreation Center includes 4 indoor courts, 2 outdoor courts, 4 racquetball courts, and two racquetball courts devoted to strength training.
One hour reservations for all indoor courts can be made at the front desk up to 2 business days in advance.
We have racquets, balls, and goggles available for checkout at the front desk, as well as a selection available for purchase in our pro shop.