We offer over 100,000 square feet of recreational facilities for students and members. They include the Student Recreation Center addition, opened in 2010, which is connected on the south-east side of Reed Gym.
- Large multi-purpose recreation room
- Cardio machines
- Free-weight and weight machine areas
- Multi-purpose basketball courts
- Climbing wall
- Indoor and outdoor tennis courts
- Racquetball Courts
- Two-lane indoor track
- Indoor swimming pool
- Lounge and lobby areas
- Pro-shop and equipment checkout
- Locker rentals
- Functional Fitness Space
Many of the spaces in Campus Recreation are available to rent for groups or events.
Contact Jessica Young (208) 282-3494, email@example.com for more information on group rates and availability.
Specific inquiries for the climbing wall can be directed to Justin Dayley (208) 282-3912, firstname.lastname@example.org. We are currently not scheduling outside groups for the Climbing Wall.
Fitness & Gym Areas
The Student Recreation Center includes a variety of options for a wide range of recreation and physical activities.
- Cardio Area, featuring stationary bikes, rowers, steppers, ellipticals, and treadmills
- Free Weight Area
- Weight Machine Area, featuring Hoist Roc-It Selectorized machines
- Racquetball Courts 5-6 Free Weight Area
- Basketball Courts, including 3 indoor courts for basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer and badminton
Our pool is located in Reed Gym and is available for use to all faculty, staff, and students. It is 6 lanes, 25 yards.
There is a viewing area located on the 2nd floor, and locker rooms are available on either side of the pool.
- Lap and fitness swimming only; no recreational swimming permitted at this time
- Usage restricted to one person per lane, with exceptions for family and household members
- Please take a cleansing shower with soap before entering the water
Swimming Pool Operations
- Swimming pool patrons must maintain six feet of distance between each other at the pool.
- The pool check-in area has floor markers to keep patrons six feet apart at all times.
- Lane space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis; no reservations will be taken. If necessary, lane use may be restricted to 30 minutes per person.
- To limit time in the locker rooms and showers, patrons should consider wearing their suit to and from the pool; arriving as close as possible to when activity begins; and showering at home after pool use.
- ISU does have a face covering mandate.
- This includes wearing a mask in the locker room and on deck; however, patrons are not expected to wear masks while swimming.
- Patrons are encouraged to utilize their own face coverings, but disposable masks are available at the Student Rec Center front desk or pool check-in desk for those who do not have a personal face covering.
Lap Swim Hours
6-8am, 11am-1pm, 4-6pm
6-8am, 11am-1pm, 3-5pm
Sat & Sun
Combo Swim 1/2 Lap, 1/2 Open
Our climbing wall has 5,500 square feet of climbable space making it the most expansive wall in the regional area and one of the largest at any university. It was designed by Scott Vail of Nampa. Specific inquiries for the climbing wall can be directed to Justin Dayley at (208) 282-3912. We are currently not scheduling outside groups for the climbing wall.
Reservations are no longer needed to climb! The university has moved into Yellow and the restrictions for gatherings have been eased.
Climbing Wall Alert
Guests, community members, and those not included in ISU’s screening program will not be permitted to purchase a day pass to use the climbing wall. Free Family Hours remain suspended. THIS APPLIES TO DROP-IN GUESTS ONLY. Campus Rec facilities can be used by members and current fee-paying students who have participated (or will participate) in the mandatory screening program.
Climbing Wall Features
- is 125 feet wide
- is 35 feet high
- has a 25-foot horizontal roof overhang
- has 5,500 square feet of climbing surface
- includes 20,000 feet (4 miles) of metal tubing make up the interior frame
- has 3,000 holds from 9 different manufactures
- features 19 top-rope stations, 17 lead climbing routes, and 4 rappel stations
The indoor track that runs around the Tennis Center is two lanes wide, with 7.5 laps per mile.
The Tennis Center in the Student Recreation Center includes 4 indoor courts, 2 outdoor courts, 4 racquetball courts, and two racquetball courts devoted to strength training.
Indoor tennis court reservations can be made online!
We have racquets, balls, and goggles available for checkout at the front desk, as well as a selection available for purchase in our pro shop.