ISU Ombuds Program
All ISU Ombuds are available to meet during this critical time. Please email the Ombuds to schedule a meeting. Then the meeting itself may be held through phone, Zoom or Google Hangouts. Please do NOT share confidential information in any email correspondence with the Ombud. See Ombud contact information.
Ombud Program Information
Informal - Independent - Neutral - Confidential
- An informal, neutral, confidential, and independent resource for ISU faculty and staff
- Access to vast experience and knowledge of problem solving, communication, and ISU Policies and Procedures
- Alternative mode of dispute resolution outside of formal grievance procedures or litigation
Appointment of ISU Ombuds:
- ISU Ombuds are nominated and approved by their peers, with final appointment by ISU President
- ISU Ombuds serve a two-year term, which is renewable following the application and review process
- The committee of Ombuds are a diverse network of individuals from all areas of campus, including Idaho Falls and Meridian campuses
ISU Faculty Senate has a Faculty Ombuds Office. Employees can choose which Ombuds they would like to work with. Their charter agreement also aligns with the standards of the International Ombuds Association. To learn more visit the faculty ombuds page.
MySafeCampus - Anonymous concerns can be reported by calling 1-800-716-9007 or by visiting MySafeCampus.com, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. MySafeCampus is a hotline operated by a third party which forwards reports anonymously to Idaho State University's internal audit director and general counsel.
National Suicide Prevention Hotline - For immediate crisis help please call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) where you’ll be connected to a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center in your area, anytime 24/7 or visit the Suicide Prevention Hotline.