Energy Systems Nuclear Operations Technology
- Apply a fundamental knowledge of mathematics, sciences (e.g. - physics, chemistry, and thermodynamics), and an understanding of the nuclear process while working in the nuclear industry
- Demonstrate critical thinking and analytical problem solving skills, with special emphasis on workplace, environmental, and safety concerns, to solve professional and technical challenges in the nuclear industry.
- Exhibit an understanding and adherence to the professional, social and ethical standards of the nuclear industry.
- Practice a commitment to be professionally and technically current with changing technologies in the nuclear industry through self-improvement and lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate communication and teamwork skills in diverse and multidisciplinary teams, while striving for increasing responsibilities and positions of leadership in the nuclear industry.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and natural sciences (physics, chemistry, thermodynamics and electrical sciences) to solve related
- Demonstrate a knowledge of nuclear physics, reactor protection, design, materials and radiation protection to analyze and solve nuclear industry problems.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of nuclear plant system operations, plant components and an ability to interpret drawings during operational, troubleshooting, and maintenance evolutions.
- Integrate and apply knowledge of nuclear technical material, safety procedures and operations to analyze abnormal, emergency and nuclear accident scenarios.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Conduct of Operations.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication in individual and group environments.
- Demonstrate the ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data; report findings including observations and appropriate recommendations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Federal, State and Local regulations, standards and rules applying to the nuclear industry, as well as safe work practices.
- Demonstrate an understanding of ethical responsibilities required in the nuclear industry.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide leadership and function as a member of a team.
* Enrollments: Number of students majoring in the program enrolled in the fall semester of the academic year.
Graduates: Number of students awarded a degree during the academic year.