Applying for Admission into the MLS Program
- Please read the essentials of the MLS program by NAACLS.
- Successful candidates will be notified prior to the beginning of the Fall semester. Selection will be made using the student evaluation rank system. The number of students accepted into the MLS Program is dependent on the clinical experience sites available and university resources.
- Those students selected for the program must meet with one of the MLS faculty for advisement and course registration.
- Qualified students not placed into clinical experience sites during the summer semester may qualify for placement during the following fall and spring semesters.
- ALL prerequisites must be completed prior to start of program, unless written prior permission is given by MLS Program Director. Course prerequisites are published in the ISU course catalog.
- PLEASE NOTE: Applications will not be reviewed until ALL application materials have been submitted and received.
Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science
- Complete the online application to the MLS program,
- Applicants must submit by mail:
- a personal statement of interest,
- three MLS reference recommendation forms, and
- a copy of academic transcripts.
- apply for admission to ISU, and
- provide an official copy of academic transcripts.
ISU Medical Laboratory Sciences Program
Attn Rachel Hulse
921 S. 8th Avenue, Stop 8288
Pocatello, ID 83209-8288
Master of Science in Medical Laboratory Science
- Complete the online application to the MLS program
- Complete an application for Admission to the Graduate Program. The following documents will be submitted as part of your ISU Graduate School Applicaiton:
- a personal statement of interest
- three MLS reference recommendation forms or letters of recommendation
- official academic transcripts
- 3.5+ No GRE required
- 3.0-3.499 40%tile in at least one area GRE (40%tile MAT)
- 2.5-2.999 combined (V/Q) minimum score 1000 (45%tile MAT)
Applicants are encouraged to consult the Idaho State University Course Catalog for the most current application requirements.