Medical Coding Program
With 50 years of combined experience in Health Information Technology, the faculty of this program are well qualified to provide students quality training for an in-demand and rewarding profession as a medical coder. Students completing this program will be eligible to sit for the AHIMA Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) examination.
The Medical Coding Technical Certificate program is perfect for students that need to work while they attend school, or that are looking for a fast program to get them into a new career. Students get the flexibility to choose full time or part time attendance and seated or fully online sections of all required courses. Program entry is granted in both Spring and Fall Semesters.
The Medical Coding Technical Certificate program prepares graduates to work in a variety of health care settings. Opportunities exist in working remotely and in other related health care settings like insurance companies, medical clinics, computer software vendors, and health maintenance organizations, software companies, and law firms.
Graduates Employed or Continuing Education Last Year
Idaho Median Income
National Median Income
- 1.5 year program, requiring only 38 credits for Intermediate Technical Certificate
- Program can be completed fully online
- Spring and Fall semester entrance
- Students have the option to attend full or part time.
- Choose to attend online with live classroom interaction or on campus
- Opportunities exist in working remotely and in other related health care settings
- Students completing this program will be able to take the AHIMA Certified Coding Specialist (CCS examination)
- Credits from this certificate transfer seamlessly into the next level degree(s) including; Health Information Technology A.A.S., Bachelor of Applied Science, or Bachelor Science, Health Science
- Health Information Technology Medical Coding Intermediate Technical Certificate (1.5 year)
- Credits from this certificate transfer seamlessly into the next level degree(s) including;
Health Information Technology A.A.S., Bachelor of Applied Science, or Bachelor of Science, Health Science.
- Long-term care facilities
- Physician offices
- Hospitals and medical clinics
- Computer software vendors
- Law firms
- Insurance companies
- High School Diploma or GED
- Students must be qualified for college level coursework in English and Math (See an advisor for details)
- Completion of a criminal background check
- Pre-admission meeting with Program Coordinator
Minimum Test Scores
|New SAT||English: 360||Math: 360|
|Old SAT||English: 360||Math: 320|
|ACT||English: 14||Math: 14|
|COMPASS||Writing: 55||Pre-Algebra: 38|